All reviews the executive lounge valet parking downing street sky tv great hotel city centre excellent location grand arcade within walking distance good size modern hotel easy access first floor excellent stay comfortable stay afternoon tea comfy bed
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Overpriced, not very helpful staff,rooms are not updated......did i ment ion OVERPRICED? I regularly stay at hilton hotels in the united states and always leave satisfied. I was very disappointed with my stay in cambridge,

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jarrettnoel7
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear jarrettnoel7,
Thank you for reviewing your opinion of our hotel on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. As you will know, I have written directly back to you privately following your comments with the my observations and apologies. It's always a shame when customers don't come and talk to us directly when they are in the hotel to allow us the opportunity to assist you and make things right.
I do hope you had a good journey back to the United States and continue to enjoy our Hilton hotels there.
Yours sincerely, Richard.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

The toilet in the bathroom had the largest clump of hair stuck to the side of it I have ever seen. It was that nasty that it grossed me out just thinking about it. The scrambled eggs were extremely runny and watery. Everything else was as expected.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear ScottP1807,
Thank you for your review. Your comments have been shared with the team for immediate action. Whilst we were extremely busy during your stay, I have no excuses as we continually ensure we strive to deliver excellent hospitality, care & service to all our guests. I am sorry this was not the case during your visit.
I only wish you had mentioned something during your stay as I know my team would have liked the feedback in person and a chance to make it right with you. In regard to the eggs, please note that we do have a Breakfast Chef on every day in order to cook eggs to order exactly how you like them, however I'm sorry the scrambled eggs were not up to scratch on this occasion.
I do hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future.
Yours sincerely, Richard.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

It’s an ok hotel! To spend a night!
Looked for a frigobar and it wasn’t available! That already kills all your expectations... a bottle of water needs to be ordered and you need to wait for the not very speedy room service!
I would try another hotel next time in Cambridge!
It is very well located though!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear JLPSCOSTA,
Thank you for your review after choosing to stay with us. All comments about our hotel, good & not so good are invaluable to us. Without feedback we are weaker in our quest to provide consistent excellent hospitality, care & service.
I am sorry you felt your experience was not as good as you hoped. My team are aware of your comments in regard to the room service response speed and we will do our best in beating your expectations in the future. I hope we have that pleasure.
In regard to a mini-fridge in the bedrooms, we provide these in our Executive and Suite room types, however unfortunately not in our standard room types.
Once again, thank you for your input and happy travelling. All the best, Richard.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Beautiful hotel. Brilliant location. Good service. We felt welcome. Very good restaurant. Downside is expensive parking which should have been free for the customers. Also our room was next to the serivce lift which was very noisy during the day and night. The room safe had to be reset twice. It was done quickly on both occasions though. We wish there was a swimming pool and a games' room with table tennis available during our staying..

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Nadia C
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Nadia C,
Thank you so much for your kind review and I'm delighted you had a great stay with us here in Cambridge. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you also for the great feedback.
In regard to parking, this is indeed a cost for our guests as it is to us as well. Our valet parking service is however more reasonable than parking your car in the multi-storey next door to the hotel and as parking is at a premium in our lovely City, unfortunately it does incur a cost to all of us.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon. All the best, Richard.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We were looking for a hotel in the middle of Cambridge with air conditioning. England had a heat wave this summer, that we thought might not be over. As it happens, the weather was good. The room was large, and all the furniture, plumbing and finishes were high end.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 873neild

Dear 873neild,
Thank for your review and for choosing the Hilton Cambridge City Centre. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, had the benefit of air conditioning, even if not needed in the end, and loved our hotel and it's location.
We look forward to seeing you again soon. With best regards, Richard.