All reviews the executive lounge valet parking downing street sky tv great hotel city centre excellent location grand arcade king room within walking distance good size modern hotel easy access per night first floor comfortable stay afternoon tea
Reviewed 16 August 2018

On the plus side the location is great and the staff were pleasant and efficient.
The room was large.

On the negative side: the sink was cracked and the drain smelled musty. The Internet was so slow in the room it was unusable - had to go to the bar to use it.
And there was no TV service. There was a notice of apology for this on the reception desk.
The breakfast was OK, but no more than that. Kind of Premier Inn plus cold meat and smoothies.
The parking was extremely expensive - in the end £65 for less than 48 hours - that's because they charge from 2pm to 2pm regardless of what time you arrive.

At £200 per night, they really need to do better than this.It's very similar to the Crowne Plaza in Crawley where I've often stayed for work (it used to be a Crowne Plaza hotel), but twice the price.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy L
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Andy L,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Hilton Cambridge City Centre and for completing a review. I make it a point to respond to all those who provide us with feedback both of a positive and developmental nature, as without your comments we would not know what we were doing well or where we need to improve our product or service delivery. Your valuable time in this regard is very much appreciated.

I noted your comment in regard to the SKY TV system and can only apologise for the inconvenience this caused to you and all of guests over the period of your stay. There were issues with the satellite on our roof, which had been attacked by pigeons, and we required the contractors to visit the property to repair the damage, however as with any third party contractor these days, they are unable to visit immediately and to confirm a date or time. I am sorry this impacted you and your experience of our usually very good hotel. This system is working again fine now.

I am concerned by your comment about the wifi internet access as this is usually extremely good and we've not had other guests report challenges with the access and speed. Thank you for bringing this to my attention to look into, and you may also wish to check the settings on your devices which can differ for everyone.

In regard to rate, you cannot compare Cambridge to Crawley I'm afraid and hotel rates are driven by the market in Cambridge where all premium hotels are deemed expensive when compared to other Cities in the UK. In regard to parking, this is chargeable, and whilst you feel you paid a lot for this, you would have paid more in the other Council multi-storey car parks in proximity to the hotel. Unfortunately, there is always a price for convenience of location and we are the largest and most centrally located hotel in Cambridge. I'd also add that's it's been over 5 years since this building was a Crowne Plaza and so much has changed and improved. We do hope to welcome you again sooner than another 5 year period.

It is naturally concerning and disappointing when a customer is given cause for complaint and please accept my most sincere apologies that your stay was not indicative of the level of service you have come to expect and more importantly deserve when choosing the Hilton family for your travels. I trust you will accept that the difficulties experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards.

Once again thank you for your recent stay here at the Hilton Cambridge City Centre and I appreciate your time in feeding back to us.
Yours sincerely, Richard.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

A very solid modern room right in the centre of Cambridge. Good valet and checkin. A really nice (and quiet) Executive Lounge and a really special breakfast. Lovely quality, a DIY waffle iron and really good staff. All in all a good stay - I suppose with the University Arms just opening they'll have to keep an eye on room rates though.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank WulsLondon

Dear WulsLondon,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Hilton Cambridge City Centre. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay, was able to use our exclusive Executive Lounge and enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I hope that we may get the opportunity to be of service again on a future visit to Cambridge.
Please note that the opening of the University Arms will not really impact rates in the City as they are priced higher than us and the majority of the other premium hotels.
All the best, Richard.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

the location of this hotel is perfect for visiting all the sites. everything us within a 10 minute walk. there were a few issues that were out of the staffs control so they compensated us with a free breakfast. rooms were spacious and comfy with all the amenities we needed. one thing to be aware of, there is a car park next door which is ridiculously expensive. we made the mistake of parking there instead of the hilton carpark and its twice the price so make sure you use the hilton valet parking service

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank katyl1
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear katyl1,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your earlier stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivalled location an ideal base for your trip to Cambridge.
I was so glad to read that you had such a positive and enjoyable stay at our hotel. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and it is always so rewarding when this is achieved. I have passed on your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be congratulated for all of their hard work.
You're completely correct about the parking and thank you for highlighting this to our potential future guests.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.
All the best, Richard.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for 9 nights in July for business purposes. I found all staff to be very polite, professional and friendly. My room was kept spotless. I only used the restaurant for breakfast but found a good variety of food. The hotel is fantastically located fot Cambridge City Centre. Have stayed here once a year for the last 5 years and will definately be staying again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank peter f

Dear peter f,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent visit to the Hilton Cambridge City Centre.
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your extended stay at the hotel, and in particular our helpful and friendly team. Please be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all staff concerned.
With thanks once again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cambridge City Centre in the very near future.
With kind regards, Richard.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

All in a disappointing experience at this Hilton located in the center of Cambridge. The location is great, felt very safe, but only an outstanding bar/restaurant saved a 2-star rating. The bathwater, the rooms were noisy and many items in the room did not work (safe, toilet, etc.). When requested, it took more than an hour to get service from the front desk. In general, service standards seemed very low especially for a property in Europe.

Room Tip: Avoid adjoining rooms unelss traveling together - very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Don C

Dear Don C,
Thank you for your review. Your comments, both the great and not so great have been shared with all my team for immediate reference. Whilst we were extremely busy during your stay, I have no excuses as we continually strive to ensure everything is in place to deliver excellent hospitality, care & service. I am sorry this did not seem the case during your visit.
I do hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future.
Yours sincerely, Richard.