All reviewsthe executive loungevalet parkingdowning streetsky tvgreat hotelcity centreexcellent locationgrand arcadeking roomwithin walking distancegood sizemodern hoteleasy accessper nightfirst floorcomfortable stayafternoon tea
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to celebrate my husbands birthday. Upon check in the service was first class and friendly. The room was lovely and modern.
As it was a birthday treat we had strawberry’s dipped in chocolate compliments of the Hilton. The room was lovely and modern with air conditioning which was a bonus as the weather was so hot.
We used the valet parking and again great service.
I forgot my phone charger and reception provided one.
The breakfast was amazing great ingredients and plentiful.
The location is fab to explore Cambridge.
We will defiantly return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loulou097
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear loulou097,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your earlier stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you celebrated your husband's birthday with us and that the team looked after you. It is always great to frequently read when our guests have such a positive and enjoyable stays at our hotel. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and it is always so rewarding when this is achieved. I have passed on your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be congratulated for all of their hard work.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.
Thank you again and all the best, Richard.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Room was nice, we had a suite, which was a little larger. Conveniently located to the university. Our room came with breakfast which was good. Would have rated a five, but the A/C was not working properly while we were there, and the room was warm during a heat wave. The staff tried to be accommodating with fans, however.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Timhbca

Dear Timhbca,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Hilton Cambridge City Centre. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay and enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I hope that we may get the opportunity to be of service again on a future visit to Cambridge.
All the best, Richard.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We wanted a Hilton as we had gotten married in a Hilton. This location was perfect.

The hotel is lovely, friendly staff & very clean. They kindly upgraded us to an executive room due to our anniversary & brought up a little treat aswell which was fantastic. This meant we could use the executive lounge for afternoon tea, drinks in the evening & breakfast.

It’s worth popping in for the drinks which is between 6-8, some nice wine, prosecco & beers with some nibbles. I wouldn’t bother using it for breakfast though. We went in at 9 and there was nothing left, after 30 minutes we asked reception as no one came to top up, even then it took a while & not a lot of choice. The next day we went to the main room which was so much better, a lot of choice.

We ended up coming back for drinks in the bar as everything seem to close early & nowhere to really go for a drink. The cocktails were nice.

We parked the car for the 2 nights, I can’t remember the cost, it was a bit more but we preferred having it close by & not having to worry.

Would recommend & stay again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leazo
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear leazo,
Once again thank you celebrating your first wedding anniversary at the Hilton Cambridge City Centre hotel. It was our pleasure to have had the opportunity to look after you. I'm delighted the team looked after you so well and that you had the opportunity to use the Executive lounge. Thank you for the feedback as well which will be addressed accordingly here in the hotel.
All the best again and we hope to see you again soon. Richard.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

If you're interested in being near the University, this hotel offers an excellent option. The rooms are comfortable and clean. It's a short walk -- 5 min -- to most of the colleges. Also, it's just around the corner from a large shopping mall, which is convenient if you need to get something.

The rooms generally come with breakfast included. They have a variety of breads, cereals, and fruits and also a full English breakfast. Everything was fresh and of good quality, even if rather traditional.

One of the highlights here is the gym. It's usually hard to find good fitness rooms in Europe but I found this one pretty good. It's not large but it has an excellent range of equipment, from cardio machines to weight machines to free weights and even a variety of functional fitness equipment. I never saw more than one other person in the gym so the small size did not matter.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank OJS56
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear OJS56,
I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivalled location an ideal base for your trip to Cambridge.

I was so glad to read that you had such a positive and enjoyable stay at our hotel. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and I am sorry we only managed to score a 4 out of 5 from you. I have passed on your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be congratulated for all of their hard work nonetheless.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon. All the best, Richard.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Compared to the impressive, historic city center of Cambridge this is a modern building.
Compared to today‘s hotel standards it is dated and basic (e.g., no mini bar).
Okay to stay there but you are happy to be out again.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear HanniHannover,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay with us.

I was both disheartened and perplexed to read your review and opinion on our lovely hotel. Yes, this is a modern building, built in the late-1980's and has been an operating hotel since 1991. As with many hotels these days, we have removed the stocked-mini bars and replaced them with mini-fridges for guest's personal use based on feedback from our valuable customers.
However I do hope your stay proved overall satisfactory and enjoyable in Cambridge.

Once again thank you for your review. Yours sincerely, Richard.