All reviews the executive lounge valet parking downing street sky tv great hotel city centre excellent location grand arcade within walking distance good size modern hotel easy access first floor excellent stay comfortable stay afternoon tea comfy bed
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We wanted a Hilton as we had gotten married in a Hilton. This location was perfect.

The hotel is lovely, friendly staff & very clean. They kindly upgraded us to an executive room due to our anniversary & brought up a little treat aswell which was fantastic. This meant we could use the executive lounge for afternoon tea, drinks in the evening & breakfast.

It’s worth popping in for the drinks which is between 6-8, some nice wine, prosecco & beers with some nibbles. I wouldn’t bother using it for breakfast though. We went in at 9 and there was nothing left, after 30 minutes we asked reception as no one came to top up, even then it took a while & not a lot of choice. The next day we went to the main room which was so much better, a lot of choice.

We ended up coming back for drinks in the bar as everything seem to close early & nowhere to really go for a drink. The cocktails were nice.

We parked the car for the 2 nights, I can’t remember the cost, it was a bit more but we preferred having it close by & not having to worry.

Would recommend & stay again

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank leazo
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear leazo,
Once again thank you celebrating your first wedding anniversary at the Hilton Cambridge City Centre hotel. It was our pleasure to have had the opportunity to look after you. I'm delighted the team looked after you so well and that you had the opportunity to use the Executive lounge. Thank you for the feedback as well which will be addressed accordingly here in the hotel.
All the best again and we hope to see you again soon. Richard.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

If you're interested in being near the University, this hotel offers an excellent option. The rooms are comfortable and clean. It's a short walk -- 5 min -- to most of the colleges. Also, it's just around the corner from a large shopping mall, which is convenient if you need to get something.

The rooms generally come with breakfast included. They have a variety of breads, cereals, and fruits and also a full English breakfast. Everything was fresh and of good quality, even if rather traditional.

One of the highlights here is the gym. It's usually hard to find good fitness rooms in Europe but I found this one pretty good. It's not large but it has an excellent range of equipment, from cardio machines to weight machines to free weights and even a variety of functional fitness equipment. I never saw more than one other person in the gym so the small size did not matter.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank OJS56
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear OJS56,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your earlier stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivalled location an ideal base for your trip to Cambridge.

I was so glad to read that you had such a positive and enjoyable stay at our hotel. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and I am sorry we only managed to score a 4 out of 5 from you. I have passed on your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be congratulated for all of their hard work nonetheless.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon. All the best, Richard.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Compared to the impressive, historic city center of Cambridge this is a modern building.
Compared to today‘s hotel standards it is dated and basic (e.g., no mini bar).
Okay to stay there but you are happy to be out again.

Dear HanniHannover,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay with us.

I was both disheartened and perplexed to read your review and opinion on our lovely hotel. Yes, this is a modern building, built in the late-1980's and has been an operating hotel since 1991. As with many hotels these days, we have removed the stocked-mini bars and replaced them with mini-fridges for guest's personal use based on feedback from our valuable customers.
However I do hope your stay proved overall satisfactory and enjoyable in Cambridge.

Once again thank you for your review. Yours sincerely, Richard.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This really ought to be a 5 Star review but it just cannot be so . 5 stars are only given by this writer to the very best places. This hotel is good in so many ways but spoils itself and was in the end closer to 2 Stars than 4!
First the good. The hotel is perfectly located in the city centre and easily accessible for Colleges , shops, bars , restaurants and the river
It has plentiful parking and a concierge service for parking. My advice as ever though is always check your car upon its return and remember nobody drives your car more carefully than you!
The hotel is modern and recently renovated. The rooms are very comfortable and always clean.
The bar area equally was clean and comfortable. We stayed for bed and breakfast and the breakfast was high quality and plentiful! Don’t limit yourself to the pre cooked fried eggs ask for omelette or poached and they will be freshly cooked for you.
So at this point everything looks good and we should be heading to 5 stars? Well now for the bad! Some might say I’m churlish or fussy but this is my review after all!
Upon checking in (we had booked 2 rooms) for our 2 night stay we were told we were down as room only and would have to pay extra for breakfast. It took far too long for reception to accept that as Hilton club members we had taken an offer of a free breakfast upgrade and it was accepted albeit with bad grace that there was no more to pay
We were a family party with an elderly relative and accordingly used the hotel bar in the evening. I knew and accepted drinks would not be cheap. What I found harder to accept was that service was slow and poor. I stood 15 minutes at the bar whilst the bar man carried on a conversation with a table of visitors who were from the same country as him. Lovely for them and the bar man to share stories but what about everyone else!
Then when the tab at the bar comes to be settled watch out! A mandatory service charge is added even though our party over 2 nights could only get served by going to the bar! And guess what the total was left blank to allow one to add a gratuity!
Our final day was a Sunday. The restaurant was busy for breakfast but quality was good no it was excellent. What was not was the rudeness of serving staff and an initial refusal to clear our table!
Finally after a lovely weekend we came to check out expecting only a bar bill to settle having pre paid several months ago
Well there was a surprise the reception staff insisted we had not paid and all they would have done would have been to check card details! They insisted no payments had been made. There followed another lengthy debate search for original e mails and credit card statements on line to prove payment had been made!
So what is the theme of the bad! Poor service poor training poor management. I want to go to a hotel and be treat well not like royalty just treat well and with respect
Please address these issues Hilton, you have a great hotel potentially which is being ruined by small but crucial things

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dominicmartinc
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear dominicmartinc
Thank you for your review. Your comments, both the great and not so great have been shared with all my team for immediate investigation and appropriate action. Whilst we were extremely busy during your stay, I have no excuses as we continually ensure we try to deliver exceptional guest experiences and excellent hospitality, care & service. I am sorry this did not seem the case during your visit.
I only wish you had mentioned something during your stay as I know my team would have rectified anything immediately. If you have further comments or wish to liaise with us further, please contact Russel.Goodison@hilton.com for us to assist you.
I do hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future.
Yours sincerely, Richard.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent location, rooms comfortable and well equipped.

The reception, bar, concierge and restaurant staff professional, gracious and extremely helpful

Questions asked that they offhand do not know they find the way to get the answer and assist

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lutzia B
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Lutzia B,
Thank you for your kind review and for visiting the Hilton Cambridge City Centre.
I'm delighted the team looked after you so well and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.
With best regards, Richard.