All reviews the executive lounge valet parking downing street sky tv great hotel city centre excellent location grand arcade king room within walking distance good size modern hotel easy access per night first floor comfortable stay afternoon tea
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Compared to the impressive, historic city center of Cambridge this is a modern building.
Compared to today‘s hotel standards it is dated and basic (e.g., no mini bar).
Okay to stay there but you are happy to be out again.

Stayed: July 2018
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear HanniHannover,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay with us.

I was both disheartened and perplexed to read your review and opinion on our lovely hotel. Yes, this is a modern building, built in the late-1980's and has been an operating hotel since 1991. As with many hotels these days, we have removed the stocked-mini bars and replaced them with mini-fridges for guest's personal use based on feedback from our valuable customers.
However I do hope your stay proved overall satisfactory and enjoyable in Cambridge.

Once again thank you for your review. Yours sincerely, Richard.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This really ought to be a 5 Star review but it just cannot be so . 5 stars are only given by this writer to the very best places. This hotel is good in so many ways but spoils itself and was in the end closer to 2 Stars than 4!
First the good. The hotel is perfectly located in the city centre and easily accessible for Colleges , shops, bars , restaurants and the river
It has plentiful parking and a concierge service for parking. My advice as ever though is always check your car upon its return and remember nobody drives your car more carefully than you!
The hotel is modern and recently renovated. The rooms are very comfortable and always clean.
The bar area equally was clean and comfortable. We stayed for bed and breakfast and the breakfast was high quality and plentiful! Don’t limit yourself to the pre cooked fried eggs ask for omelette or poached and they will be freshly cooked for you.
So at this point everything looks good and we should be heading to 5 stars? Well now for the bad! Some might say I’m churlish or fussy but this is my review after all!
Upon checking in (we had booked 2 rooms) for our 2 night stay we were told we were down as room only and would have to pay extra for breakfast. It took far too long for reception to accept that as Hilton club members we had taken an offer of a free breakfast upgrade and it was accepted albeit with bad grace that there was no more to pay
We were a family party with an elderly relative and accordingly used the hotel bar in the evening. I knew and accepted drinks would not be cheap. What I found harder to accept was that service was slow and poor. I stood 15 minutes at the bar whilst the bar man carried on a conversation with a table of visitors who were from the same country as him. Lovely for them and the bar man to share stories but what about everyone else!
Then when the tab at the bar comes to be settled watch out! A mandatory service charge is added even though our party over 2 nights could only get served by going to the bar! And guess what the total was left blank to allow one to add a gratuity!
Our final day was a Sunday. The restaurant was busy for breakfast but quality was good no it was excellent. What was not was the rudeness of serving staff and an initial refusal to clear our table!
Finally after a lovely weekend we came to check out expecting only a bar bill to settle having pre paid several months ago
Well there was a surprise the reception staff insisted we had not paid and all they would have done would have been to check card details! They insisted no payments had been made. There followed another lengthy debate search for original e mails and credit card statements on line to prove payment had been made!
So what is the theme of the bad! Poor service poor training poor management. I want to go to a hotel and be treat well not like royalty just treat well and with respect
Please address these issues Hilton, you have a great hotel potentially which is being ruined by small but crucial things

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dominicmartinc
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear dominicmartinc
Thank you for your review. Your comments, both the great and not so great have been shared with all my team for immediate investigation and appropriate action. Whilst we were extremely busy during your stay, I have no excuses as we continually ensure we try to deliver exceptional guest experiences and excellent hospitality, care & service. I am sorry this did not seem the case during your visit.
I only wish you had mentioned something during your stay as I know my team would have rectified anything immediately. If you have further comments or wish to liaise with us further, please contact Russel.Goodison@hilton.com for us to assist you.
I do hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future.
Yours sincerely, Richard.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent location, rooms comfortable and well equipped.

The reception, bar, concierge and restaurant staff professional, gracious and extremely helpful

Questions asked that they offhand do not know they find the way to get the answer and assist

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lutzia B
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Lutzia B,
Thank you for your kind review and for visiting the Hilton Cambridge City Centre.
I'm delighted the team looked after you so well and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.
With best regards, Richard.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed at this hotel a few times now as we often need to stay in Cambridge. It’s always my 1st choice as the location is excellent, very central and great access to The Corn Exchange. The staff are pretty good in the main, and the only thing lacking is that some of the bar and restaurant staff could do with more customer awareness. We were ignored or looked through a couple of times. Having said that, Front Office were brilliant and very professional.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ruby2shoes17

Dear ruby2shoes17,
Thank you very much for your review and loyal custom of our hotel. It is our pleasure to welcome you and we appreciate you kind comments.
I will feedback your experience of the lounge bar team, and I am grateful you bringing this to our attention.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon. All the best, Richard.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for 2 nights in May for our anniversary. Checkin and out was smooth. Room was quite basic for their top suite. There was a fridge in the room but no drinks or snacks in it. Being a suite I would have expected a room tidy up and bed turn down service as is the case with every 4* and above in the Far East. This was not the case here. Room make up was once a day. The biggest constellation was the location. The hotel was very well located in the centre of town. It had parking which was £25. Per night. Was nice for our anniversary buy at appx. £300 per night wouldn’t stay there again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nash M
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Nash M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent anniversary visit to the Hilton Cambridge City Centre.
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel, and in particular our fantastic location in the City Centre.
Please note that we do not have stocked minibars in our rooms and provide mini-fridges for our guests to use for their own items. Naturally, this can be stocked with items on request. Again, turn-down service is available on request, otherwise it is not something we offer with Housekeeping service being once a day as a standard.
Our valet parking service is £25 a night, however much more reasonable than the multi-storey car parks in Cambridge City Centre.
With thanks once again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cambridge City Centre in the very near future. I hope we have that pleasure.
With best regards, Richard.