All reviews the executive lounge valet parking downing street sky tv great hotel city centre excellent location grand arcade king room within walking distance good size modern hotel easy access per night first floor comfortable stay afternoon tea
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent location, rooms comfortable and well equipped.

The reception, bar, concierge and restaurant staff professional, gracious and extremely helpful

Questions asked that they offhand do not know they find the way to get the answer and assist

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lutzia B
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Lutzia B,
Thank you for your kind review and for visiting the Hilton Cambridge City Centre.
I'm delighted the team looked after you so well and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.
With best regards, Richard.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed at this hotel a few times now as we often need to stay in Cambridge. It’s always my 1st choice as the location is excellent, very central and great access to The Corn Exchange. The staff are pretty good in the main, and the only thing lacking is that some of the bar and restaurant staff could do with more customer awareness. We were ignored or looked through a couple of times. Having said that, Front Office were brilliant and very professional.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ruby2shoes17

Dear ruby2shoes17,
Thank you very much for your review and loyal custom of our hotel. It is our pleasure to welcome you and we appreciate you kind comments.
I will feedback your experience of the lounge bar team, and I am grateful you bringing this to our attention.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon. All the best, Richard.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for 2 nights in May for our anniversary. Checkin and out was smooth. Room was quite basic for their top suite. There was a fridge in the room but no drinks or snacks in it. Being a suite I would have expected a room tidy up and bed turn down service as is the case with every 4* and above in the Far East. This was not the case here. Room make up was once a day. The biggest constellation was the location. The hotel was very well located in the centre of town. It had parking which was £25. Per night. Was nice for our anniversary buy at appx. £300 per night wouldn’t stay there again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nash M
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Nash M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent anniversary visit to the Hilton Cambridge City Centre.
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel, and in particular our fantastic location in the City Centre.
Please note that we do not have stocked minibars in our rooms and provide mini-fridges for our guests to use for their own items. Naturally, this can be stocked with items on request. Again, turn-down service is available on request, otherwise it is not something we offer with Housekeeping service being once a day as a standard.
Our valet parking service is £25 a night, however much more reasonable than the multi-storey car parks in Cambridge City Centre.
With thanks once again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Cambridge City Centre in the very near future. I hope we have that pleasure.
With best regards, Richard.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

I was visiting Downing College since my father studied there either side of WW2. As I was suffering from a bad-back, was looking for a very comfortable stay within a short walk.
I arrived in the early evening and was very glad to take advantage of valet parking. My bags were taken to reception and, following a quick and professional check-in, were taken to my room on the 4th floor.
The room was spacious and well equipped.
I went down for an evening meal. The service was excellent and the menu gave a good choice. The meal was cooked in view and my tagliatelle met my needs before I had a quick stroll around the vicinity.
After a good breakfast, I checked-out and left my bags with the concierge while I visited Downing. I then returned to the hotel for a conference call - supported by soft-drinks. After lunch - I collected my bags, had the car brought to the entrance and left.
The service throughout was professional - first class and unobtrusive with nothing seemingly out of scope.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris G

Dear Chris G,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you found our unrivalled location an ideal base for your trip and that the team looked after you so well.
It was great to read that you had such a positive and enjoyable stay at our hotel. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and it is always so rewarding when this is achieved. I have passed on your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be congratulated for all of their hard work.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.
All the best and kind regards, Richard.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

In general, Hilton hotels have become somewhat of a commodity, setting up standard hotel infrastructures and thereby completely missing the details .

This hotel is no exception .

I travel a lot and have recently started swapping Hilton for smaller boutiques as they have usually far better service and offers (except the Tamburlaine which is probably the worst in Cambridge )

This is the first hotel where I wasn’t offered an upgrade as a diamond member.

Ironing service doesn’t seem to exist, the shirts I laid out where not attended.

Service in the bar is very slow, rarely someone comes to your table, you have to walk up to the bar to order.

Reception staff had to be reminded of sorting my bill because they charged it to the wrong card.

So it’s not like that staff refuses service but neither are they proactive or keen to serve: you have to tell them first before they move

Now when it comes to breakfast and you are vegetarian or follow a specific diet, you are pretty much lost :

All meat, bread and other unhealthy and sugary items. The bits of lettuce they put out are never fresh (they often leave it in the fridge overnight so you can imagine what the lettuce looks like the next day - I had this discussion with so many Hiltons but they never listen).

What you can do is order an omelette but it will take 10 min to arrive. Again, order from the buffet as there is no table service. But what’s best is that the hotel posts a traffic light schedule in the elevator notifying you of the times when you will have to suck up queues at breakfast. I have never seen something like this - a hotel deliberately telling their guests that they are not prepared to ramp up their service during peak times .

So after checkout, you leave the hotel finding not one taxi outside. Takes 10-15 min to arrive, so get yourself comfortable..

Having had to spend a couple of weeks in Cambridge for work, I noticed there’s a lot of poor service overall (as compared to london). Cambridge is Podunk after all, and people just don’t know what good looks like.

But from a Hilton I would expect a far better job

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Florian S
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Florian S,
Thank you for your review and opinion of our hotel.
There is truly so much I would like to say in response to your review as my team & I deliver so many exceptional experiences for our guests everyday which you can read about on this site and many others. However, clearly you are entitled to your opinion and I thank you for sharing the way you perceive the Hilton Cambridge City Centre.
I only wish you had chosen to actually speak to us during your stay when we could have discussed the points you raised and qualified them to understand them better, rather than posting anonymously online.
I will however address one point you raise as a valued Hilton Honors Diamond member, upgrades to the next room type are subject to availability on arrival and whilst we are an extremely busy hotel with high occupancies on most days, you would have had full complimentary access to our Executive Lounge which you failed to mention to your readers.
I would add that we do listen to our guests with constructive feedback and suggestions as most of our operation and service standards come from guest feedback.
In calling Cambridge Podunk, you are describing our lovely and historic City as insignificant, out-of-the-way, and with a lack of importance. You clearly don't know Cambridge, and I would ask you to have the courtesy not to insult the Country you are visiting.
Yours sincerely, Richard.