“Come for the fame, not the food!”
Review of The Eagle

The Eagle
Ranked #100 of 742 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2018

It was certainly interesting and convenient. There is something to be said about eating/drinking in a pub that is so old and has the link with Cricks and Watson. Food and service were OK

Molly B, Manager at The Eagle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thanks for the review

Write a ReviewReviews (2,140)

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

As the DNA was detected in this pub as they say - it is a must. But there are better pubs in the environment

Molly B, Manager at The Eagle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thanks for the review

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Visited the Eagle after a long hot walk around town shopping.
Was greeted by a very busy bar with people ordering food and drinks and checking out the pubs famous featured RAF ceiling.
I choose to use the RAF bar in the pub as I only came in for a pint and even though the place was busy I was served very quickly by a polite smiling member of the pubs staff, as I stood checking out the historic surroundings the flow of customers never stopped but when I decided to have another pint I was once again served very efficiently.
I only stayed for a short time but was impressed with the service I received on what was obviously a busy lunchtime period..

Molly B, Manager at The Eagle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our service and that it was efficient yet still friendly during peak hours

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Very disappointing visit. Looking forward to a nice roast dinner but sadly not to be.
A very busy pub but felt they were too busy to care.
All four dinners turned up looking very unappetising and were not very warm.
Roast dinners were awful.
The roast potatoes seemed and probably were frozen !
Yorkshire puddings were as flat as pancakes and awful.
The toilets were filthy and smelly too.
Won't be returning !!

Molly B, Manager at The Eagle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

I’m sorry to hear about your experience yesterday. I will personally talk to my team to make sure that food is only sent out if it is of a high quality. We do do care about our service and customers however as you understand it was a very busy day. From our perspective we were short two members of staff and trying to serve every customer to the best of our ability.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

A warm welcome upon arrival. Amazing history attached to this pub. A great choice of beers and the food was very good too. A must visit on any trip to Cambridge. Will certainly return, recommended.

Molly B, Manager at The Eagle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thanks for the review. We are glad you had a great experience here