“"Best fillet steak"”
Review of The Green Dragon

The Green Dragon
Reserve with OpenTable
The Green Dragon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 235 Restaurants in High Wycombe
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: a traditional country Pub serving great food in a relaxed and friendly environment fun & feasting with friends. Open for Dinner Mon-Sat and Lunches Fri-Sun booking advised as we have a small seating area
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

Dinner at the GD & 5 out of 7 dinning all had fillet steak, all 5 cleared the plates, think that says something about how good it was!!

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Booked and went without knowing what to expect (I have lived here for 25 years and only been in the pub twice before - first time 22 years ago for a drink, second time 2 or 3 years ago when they did Indian takeaway!). The place is transformed and like other reviewers my steak was fantastic. Perfectly cooked, tasty, tender...(OK my mouth is watering now - must stop...).

And, to top it off we got 25% off our main courses! What a bargain.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

I went for a Steak yesterday for the first time - excellent and I will be returning. Staff very friendly BUT you do need to book

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Me and my partner were told that this place has the best steak around. We were a bit dubious as we are massive foodies and have had some pretty good steaks. I looked at the menu online and wasn't too impressed at the variety. Has a big steak section though with the different variety of cuts.
The bar man Paul was extremely welcoming and friendly. We asked if we could order in the restaurant earlier than 20:00 as that was our booking time and he did everything he could to accommodate us. We even gave us a bowl of crisps to tie us over!
We had the bar snack platter as a starter between us which consisted of pigs in blankets, onion rings, breaded chicken and garlic bread. Everything was cooked to perfection and you could see the produce was top quality. Very impressed so far!
We ordered the Hillbilly steak with me having the ribeye cut and my partner having the filet. We also ordered a side of onion rings and a side of steamed broccoli.
The ribeye was one of the tastiest steaks I have had (even though it wasn't really medium rare as requested) it was still perfect. The broccoli was cooked to perfection, not over cooked and seasoned.
My partners steak was in a completely different league. It was like a slow cooked brisket and you could have shredded it with a fork. Melt in the mouth and PERFECT medium rare. The chips were PLENTIFUL and the onion rings were amazing.
I am very sad I did not take a photo but I will 100% be going back in the near future! Top class best steak I have had in a very long time.
The chef was very young as well! All staff were very friendly.

2  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

What a great restaurant! Staff are so friendly and welcoming! The food is out of this world! Melts in the mouth! Will be going back many more times! Shines well above the other so called restaurants in flackwell Heath!