“Great for breakfast!”

Bocabar
Ranked #318 of 1,794 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 January 2018

A well-established Bar and Pizza venue, we thought we'd give their Breakfast Menu a try-out. Served from 10am 7-days a week, a good choice of breakfasts, sandwiches and other dishes. Between us we had Full English, Vegetarian, Sausage toastie and Bacon toastie - all were tasty! Plus a good selection of teas and coffees.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Went in there and order 2 full English breakfasts a pint coke and pint orange juice, £24. Paid £4.20 for the coke when I tasted it I thought it tasted weird so I took it back to the bar and asked if this is Pepsi or coke and they replied it’s postmix and I asked is it coca-cola or Pepsi and they said its coke, so it’s Coca-Cola and they said it post mix (this when on for a bit) finally they reluctantly told me it was their own brand. Own brand rollacola for £4.20. They did change it for orange juice, shouldn’t pass off cheap overpriced rollacola as real coke. Very frustrating, food wasn’t that great and very overpriced Wetherspoons breakfast would have been much better. Not going back for food and definitely not drinks.

2  Thank Sam P
Melissa B, Owner at Bocabar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

We're sorry your morning was ruined by our post-mix cola. We will remind our staff to let customers know that it's a post-mix cola, and not Coca-Cola or Pepsi, so as to avoid any confusion. A pint of cola is actually £2.90 (not £4.20). Our orange juice (not from concentrate) is £4.20 a pint. Yes, you will be able to get cheaper drinks and breakfast at Weatherspoons. But you won't be getting bacon and sausages from a local butcher or farmer (Style Farm and Buxton Butchers in our case) and you will be getting a lot of preservatives and emulsifiers (check out their menu on line for the list of ingredients).

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Bocabar is fairly good, it depends when you go, if you’re lucky and go mid week during the evenings it’s nice and chilled. The pizzas are really good, a decent selection of drinks (although the pipes could do with a clean) and the decor is nice and comfy. The problem for me is the amount of small children running around during the day/ early evening...

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't go out of my way to come here again, however the atmosphere was nice and buzzing (loads of kids) and the food was decent. Pizza was better than the burger. Has a nice deli and cafe.

1  Thank Livalambchop
Reviewed 14 December 2017

I visit Bocabar at least once a week, they keep changing the menu regularly so you get to taste variety of foods. They have a daily lunch menu that changes every week, wide range of pizzas and good kids menu. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a relaxed atmosphere, good food and good drinks. They have a Christmas menu that you need to pre order.

1  Thank gillela s