“Fun and friendly”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great time here for a family reunion. 6 adults and 6 children ranging 2-15. We did phone to book as website booking couldn’t cope with 12. We went on a Saturday lunchtime and had 1 long table by the window overlooking the Harbour. Food was lovely and served promptly, but we were eating at 12 so it was quiet. The staff were very friendly and the kids all enjoyed colouring their menus whilst waiting.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing place to eat/drink! Clumsy me ended up booking online for the wrong day for my partners birthday meal!!! However they managed to fit us in at a later time despite being busy. All staff were so, so friendly and went above our expectations!!! The dirty tater tots and pork belly as a starter was divine !! The meat was so tender and flavoursome, so impressed!!! The mains we got were beef brisket and the bacon and cheese burger (both with dirty fries). The meat was so perfectly cooked and we were speechless at how good it was. It was like nothing we have tried before The cider was a little on the expensive side however due to the great prices of the food, I didn’t mind spending a little extra on the alcohol! It was all well worth the money, definitely will be going back, so much more we wanted to try !!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018

Was wondering round for somewhere to eat at lunchtime and we were passing here so decided to have a look at the menu. Great value lunch, got our food and a drink for less than £7 each! The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. I had the lamb tacos which although small tasted great and were a great size for lunchtime. The chips were also incredible and crispy on the outside! The lamb really tasted great and it was fun actually being able to smell the smoky BBQ as we were eating (although my hair did carry this smoky smell once we'd left!).

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Good value lunch that was pretty good quality, I just found the service to be a little slow but they were very friendly. I would eat lunch here again.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Lets start from the beginning.
My boyfriend decided he wanted his birthday meal to be at spitfire! A place i had not heard of.. i googled it and thought it looked good.

We didnt book :/ but it was made clear that wasnt a problem!! Actually from the second we walked through the door we were greeted with smiles and staff that looked like they loved thier jobs!! Nothing but happiness... all of the staff couldnt do enough for us!! My boyfriend dropped a fork and within seconds a clean one was bought to our table without even having to ask.. service with a smile!!!

Infact i couldnt give our waiter enough credit he was wonderful!!! Polite and friendly and just a pleasure in general.

I witnesses two girls turn up outside and sit down, within seconds a waiter ran out with a blanket and wrapped it around one girl... i have never witnesses such brilliant service!! Genuinely cared and it showed..

Now onto the food...
Sweet baby jesus the food..
I cant praise the chef enough!! It was all full of flavour and cooked to perfection! We didnt have to wait long at all and it was presented beautifully. So offen with bbq/ american styled smoke houses presentation goes by the by but it all looked beautiful.

I can not recommend it enough it was well worth it.. 3corses each 2 rounds all came to 60quid!!!!! And id happily pay it again tomorrow... worth every single penny!!

I want to go again right now.