Lowest prices for your stay
US$81
Hotels.comUS$81
Expedia.comUS$81
StayForLongUS$104
3,292 results
All reviews swimming pool privilege room city centre good size air con per night an upgrade family room booked this hotel sunday morning coffee machine buffet style stayed here for one night comfy bed bars and restaurants cabot circus spa
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

Decent place to stay would recommend. Parking was easy and the bloke behind reception was very welcoming and explained everything upon arrival. Room was great and very clean, the curtains were blackout so I slept like a baby, would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chris Falcus, General Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 27 September 2020

Our first weekend away for quite a while, parking and check in were seamless, with a very friendly and helpful gentleman on reception. Our room was large, spacious and bright, with a really comfy bed. The room was well appointed with everything you'd need. All good.
The really disappointing things about our stay :-
1, having to wait up to 10 minutes for someone to come and serve at the bar, this happened on four occasions.
2, disappointing menu in the restaurant, with food to match. I had the Fish and chips on Friday evening served in the restaurant, the fish was dry and tasteless, with the taste of the batter being the over riding taste. On Saturday evening i went with the 8oz, 28day aged Sirloin Steak for £21.00, fat at one end with gristle at the other. We didn't eat in the restaurant again, certainly not worthy of a four star hotel.
3, during the covid pandemic the hotel is advertising their deep cleaning in rooms and around the hotel. The kettle in our room was filthy, handle on the fridge filthy, the room door handles needed cleaning, and where people don't use the door handles pull the door open or closed using the area around the handle, finger prints everywhere, not hard to see.
On the whole a very disappointing stay.

2  Thank johnbU6700IS
Chris Falcus, General Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I was pleased to read that the check in was seamless and reception was helpful. I have shared your comments about the food, service and cleanliness with the relevant managers so they can where necessary take appropriate remedial action. I do apologise for this and the inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for leaving your feedback.

Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

I have visited this hotel twice and each time was a pleasure. The privilege rooms are lovely and big, I really liked the free-standing bath, couldn’t fault the hotel. One of the best 4 stars I’ve visited. Restaurant was nice also at dinner, room service breakfast is gorgeous!

Date of stay: November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I was pleased tom read you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

regards

Reviewed 24 September 2020

Date of stay: September 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

We stayed here one night, the guy on reception was so welcoming and professional.
That night the young lad at the bar was very dismissive and unhelpful and the girl that brought our food was full of smiles and help when she brought our food.
All food was nice except the pizza; all you did was repeatedly chew the cheese as it was like a plastic texture and it didn’t have much taste.
Prices are reasonable.
Cleaning staff are friendly.

The next day we had breakfast and for how professional and beautiful the hotel is I expected a lot more. There wasn’t much out and you had to mess about and tilt the orange juice as it wasn’t refilled. I had the full breakfast. I wasn’t asked how I like my eggs; which came very sloppy like mushed yellow boiled eggs, the hash brown was brown with no flavour and tasted like it had been fried in grease, the sausage of what I tasted was nice but it was full all the way through with large pieces of gristle. The bacon was nice, there were no wet ingredients like beans or tomatoes and I didn’t feel great that day after eating it.
The staff that morning were all really lovely, smiley and welcoming and so I was even more surprised at how poor the breakfast was.

The rooms are lovely bar it was too dusty in the air. There was no information sheets and you were expected to go on a WhatsApp chat to them which is a bit much and not the same as reading information at your leisure. Theres a Samsung tv with internet, the bedding was crisp and the bathroom we had was beautiful; the toilet didn’t flush that well though and the art was an acquired taste with naked pictures. The bath was deep and luxurious and the complimentary wash smelt beautiful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chris Falcus, General Manager at Mercure Bristol Holland House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I was pleased to read that you found reception welcoming and professional. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with the relevant managers so they can share with their teams in particular the F&B teams.

We have removed many of the in bedroom booklets to make the bedrooms as safe as possible in the current climate.

Thank you again for your feedback.