“Hotel for Hen & Stag groups.”

Ibis Bristol Centre
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Firstly, our check in was horrendous. We were not welcomed with a smile but a mere inconvenience, the guy on the desk found it difficult to find our reservation and when he did, he plonked the piece of paper on the desk then told me to sign, he didn't ask. There were no indication if they served breakfast and we were not informed of the breakfast times if they did, there was obviously a restaurant in the hotel but we were not informed of the times they served or even if we would like to reserve a table to eat. We decided to head on on the first night which we did and returned around 11:30pm in the evening. We tried to head off to sleep, but that was when the noise started, there must have been a group near us on the 3rd floor, but the screaming and shouting continued until the early hours of the morning and I think we managed to get a couple of hours sleep around half 5 that morning. We headed out for the day to my family and returned later that evening as to where we approached the receptionist that night and asked if the people had checked out near us as the sound was ridiculous. I did expect some noise as we are in a City Centre, but not what we had endured. There should have been some sort of night porter on who did night patrol's on a regular basis, and if there was I would like to know where they were. My fiancé had brought his own towel with him and this was left out in the room. We didn't realise until we got home but it was not in the room when we got back that day. When we checked out there was no 'how was your stay' just 'what was your room number' and 'thank you' when we handed the key over. Considering we had already complained I think that there should have been some sort of apology, but to get nothing was disgraceful. We did not feel like we were a welcomed and valued guest in any respect's and we will most certainly will not be using Ibis Hotels again, which is a shame as you can be very good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts. I am sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us. We appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Bristol Centre

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Just back from a 1 night stay in the Ibis. We were in a wheelchair room which was quite small to try to get a wheelchair around it. The bathroom was brilliant though, with a wheel in shower and a sink you can actually get a chair under, a nice touch. The bed was quite hard but the room was warm and clean. The breakfast was not worth the £7.50 price with only sausage, bacon, scrambled egg and beans as a hot option. All in all a cheap and clean place to spend a few days. Reception staff were lovely also.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank carberry1
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Bristol Centre. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

location, slap bang in the centre
price - £60 for a 1 night stay on a saturday without breakfast
no car parking but millenium car park just by hotel at about £11 for over night parking
room basic & comfortable
had continental breakfast for £5.00 and was fine
perfect for our 1 night out in bristol - would stay somewhere else if used to luxury accomodation.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I am glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Bristol Centre in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

The hotel itself was fine for a budget hotel (great location) and the staff were great but there seemed to be guests running around the hotel and making a lot of noise until 4.45am! It was a Sat night and I suppose I should expect noise in a city centre hotel in Bristol (stag and hen parties!) but I was not happy with the level of noise.

Also the breakfast was not good the bacon was under cooked, the bread tasted a bit stale, the scrambled eggs were rubbery and the tea was not good but I think that may be down to the hardness of the water in Bristol and not the tea bags! There was a good selection of continental choices though.

We were staying in the hotel on a half price offer so £50 for two of us instead of £100 so in the case it was good value for money but had we paid £100 we would of expected a better breakfast and less noise.

Probably a great mid-week hotel if you have breakfast out in one of the many cafes of Bristol.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will look into the points your raised, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We visited on Ibis Bristol Centre by coincidence when we visited the city of Bristol and was very unhappy about the hostels we had sleept in for two nights. We drove around the city and saw the Ibis Hotel and decided to sleep on the two remaining days there, mostly becuse we did not wanna spend more money than necessary on accommodation in Bristol.

We arrived by rental car, parking was no problem. We were well treated and Ibis has made a name for being a cheap hotel and we had a very good price although we haved not booked through the internet.
Since we had not so much money left the price was very important to us.

Unfortunately, the beds very hard, I got a very sore back after only one night in bed at the hotel. Breakfast was not included either, something I think could receptionist told us when we arrived at the hotel.

Ibis is as I said that I most look like a hotel with low price, and it was also in Bristol. If you want a bed and not much more so is the Ibis Hotel an OK option.
Something that stood Ibis Bristol was that their design was more modern than other Ibis hotels I stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Apologies for not living up to your expectations and please rest assured that we noted your comments. We will look into things, and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel some time in the future.