“Bit Underwhelming”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Popped in here for some lunch on the weekend and decided in the mezze platter for two. Bit disappointed with the portion size. The chicken kebabs were miniscule and more like the kind of thing you'd get in a finger buffet, calamaris was rubbery and not that nice, fishcakes were tasty but a bit mushy. Overall it seemed a bit lite on both quality and quantity. Service was friendly though.

1  Thank Lambolegend

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We decided on Bill’s for lunch after a family trip to the museum. We were seated quickly but that’s where the speed stopped....everything seemed to take for ever to arrive.
My daughter is dairy free amongst other things and after establishing that the steak and chips would be safe for her to eat (the ONLY item on the kids menu that was) we were then informed that they had no steak...! We decided on a chicken breast, after discussion with the manager and 25mins later our meals arrived....minus her baked beans that arrived after she had finished, plus the pot was so hot she burnt her finger.
The puddings took another 20mins to arrive (they swapped ice cream for sorbet).....all in all we were there for 1hr and 20mins.....far too long for a family meal of burger and chips!
Not bad food but the service is far too slow, it wasn’t busy and there were plenty of staff.

1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Sat us by the door so we felt a draft everytime the door opened. Plenty of spare tables so don't know why they did that. We had to move. I don't feel i got value for money - £15.45 for a salad? Ridiculous.

1  Thank supri21
Reviewed 29 January 2018

My dad and brother were visiting, I have a very fussy brother and dad who don't have the most adventures pallets. The food was Good, nothing wild and crazy but good, good service, it came out quickly, I can't give it five stars because I myself have had better but it was Good. my brother was disappointing with his fish finger sandwich as it just seemed to be plain white Hovis white bread and the menu said seeded bloomer, but that was the only tiny thing.

2  Thank Gwynnhipkiss
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Went there for family breakfast on Saturday morning. Almost empty. Four waitresses mulling around doing nothing. Had to ask one of them to take our order after 30 mins of waiting. Food when it came was good but sort the service out!