“Not just a cake shop”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Popped in for brunch. Plenty of seating and friendly staff. Good selection of food and good quality especially the tasty sausages. One of my group had pancakes with bacon and was very impressed. I would visit again

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Often pop into Valerie's for an afternoon cake & pot of tea when out on a day-trip, our a visit to Bristol was no exception. A bit of a queue and a waiter was informing everyone that there was a wait of 30 minutes for hot food & a wait of 20 minutes for hot drinks. It seemed a very small restaurant so we quite expected a wait for seats. When we got a table we just ordered a cake each as we didn't want to wait 20 minutes for a cup of tea. I ordered a fruit tart. Waiter came back - no fruit tarts. I asked if they had lemon cheesecake - he said yes - he came back 2 minutes later - no lemon cheesecake. I ordered a lemon tart. In the meantime 4 people were seated next to us, ordered hot drinks which appeared within 5 minutes! My lemon tart arrived with cracked filling and broken crust, it looked most unappealing but I ate it. When I went upstairs to the toilets I found that the restaurant had loads of unused tables on the second floor, while people were still queuing for tables downstairs. The table next to us had ordered hot food - it came within 15 minutes! When we asked for the bill I was charged for lemon cheesecake! When I went to the counter to complain about the bill I found that there were lots of fruit tarts in the window! When I complained that I had been told there were no fruit tarts I was told that they had just been delivered. At 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon?? I doubt it. Abysmal service and staff that tell lies. Awful experience.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Today I walked out of Pattiserie Valerie in Cabot circus because of the service , basically it seemed like all the staff didn't want to serve me ?????? while they happily continued to serve people that had arrived after me ! In these situations I am patient but to see at least three other tables get served before me but arriving after me was just TOO MUCH so I left very angry !
Groups if females didn't get any problem getting served but me as a single man most DEFINITELY DID !!! I won't be going back thus is after years of enjoying it !!! Sad but I won't be treated like that !!!

Reviewed 22 November 2017

The windows show enticing selection of foods that draw you in. The place is generally busy and you have to wait to be seated.
We visited twice over the weekend. Service is good, attentive, the selection is excellent and tasty.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

My daughter took me to Patisserie Valerie after getting a Groupon deal for Afternoon Tea. We had a variety of finger sandwiches, a small selection of miniature cakes and scones with Cream and Jam plus a choice of tea or coffee. It was very nice. Pleased with the choice and plenty to eat. I don't think however, that I would of been willing to pay the full price. Can't complain when we only paid half the price due to the Groupon deal.

1  Thank Scoobie59