“Afternoon Tea”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 7 November 2017

My daughter took me to Patisserie Valerie after getting a Groupon deal for Afternoon Tea. We had a variety of finger sandwiches, a small selection of miniature cakes and scones with Cream and Jam plus a choice of tea or coffee. It was very nice. Pleased with the choice and plenty to eat. I don't think however, that I would of been willing to pay the full price. Can't complain when we only paid half the price due to the Groupon deal.

1  Thank Scoobie59

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a coffee and a cake, my goodness what an amazing choice of cakes, we were spoilt for choice they were delicious and very reasonable in price plus filling what a treat we had!!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This afternoon tea was fabulous, the delicate little sandwiches were really lovely and the cakes and scones with cream were superb. The service was very good and we will will be back.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

First of all, I should say that I bought an afternoon tea for two from Groupon. Having said that,my husband and daughter and I have been to Patisserie Valerie over the years and I've always thought of it as a treat. I have even bought a birthday cake for my daughter from there which was excellent.
However, recently I did think that the quality was slipping.I can honestly say that I am disappointed to rate our afternoon tea as poor.The plus points were the jam which was Bonne Maman and the scones and cream that went with it. The negatives were the sandwiches which seemed to be made from cheap bread with minimal fillings and the cakes were just about ok but the raspberry whatever it was, looked as though it had been standing around for quite a long time and two tiny eclairs looks mean.
I generally buy cakes from the window whenever we visit and they are still delicious.So why the afternoon tea isn't of the same standard is beyond me.If future teas were improved I would have no problem with paying £25 and would still look forward to it as a treat.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We waited way too long to get a waitress. When I asked one of them, she said she was too busy and will send us someone. We were brought the wrong tea and 3 times some milk even though we did specify we didn't want milk. The manager was nonchalant. The tea is great and the cakes are quite tasty. Shame being a customer does not matter to this place...