“The most amazing cakes and choice ”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #17 of 33 Dessert in Bristol
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a coffee and a cake, my goodness what an amazing choice of cakes, we were spoilt for choice they were delicious and very reasonable in price plus filling what a treat we had!!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This afternoon tea was fabulous, the delicate little sandwiches were really lovely and the cakes and scones with cream were superb. The service was very good and we will will be back.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

First of all, I should say that I bought an afternoon tea for two from Groupon. Having said that,my husband and daughter and I have been to Patisserie Valerie over the years and I've always thought of it as a treat. I have even bought a birthday cake for my daughter from there which was excellent.
However, recently I did think that the quality was slipping.I can honestly say that I am disappointed to rate our afternoon tea as poor.The plus points were the jam which was Bonne Maman and the scones and cream that went with it. The negatives were the sandwiches which seemed to be made from cheap bread with minimal fillings and the cakes were just about ok but the raspberry whatever it was, looked as though it had been standing around for quite a long time and two tiny eclairs looks mean.
I generally buy cakes from the window whenever we visit and they are still delicious.So why the afternoon tea isn't of the same standard is beyond me.If future teas were improved I would have no problem with paying £25 and would still look forward to it as a treat.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We waited way too long to get a waitress. When I asked one of them, she said she was too busy and will send us someone. We were brought the wrong tea and 3 times some milk even though we did specify we didn't want milk. The manager was nonchalant. The tea is great and the cakes are quite tasty. Shame being a customer does not matter to this place...

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I've always walked past this place and thought how amazing the cakes look and that it must be a really nice place to go on a special occasion,... oh how wrong I was!

I went here at the weekend with 2 of my fiends as part of a girls day out bridesmaid dress shopping. We arrived at about 11am which I would say is still pretty early in the day. I had a caramel Latte which to be fair was actually quite nice and a Croissant, one of my friends also ordered a croissant but when they arrived mine looked ALOT different to hers. Her's was all brown and shiny and looked delicious, mine however was a pale colour with spots all over it but I carried on and took a piece off... instantly i could tell it was stale but tried a piece anyway, most definitely stale! I asked my friend to try it too and she agreed.

I called the waitress over and explained it was stale but her reaction was not apologetic at all, she responded with an attitude and made out like i was wrong. She explained that it was from a fresh batch "delivered" that morning. So i asked for another one, she returned and said they had none left. Not sure how they could have sold out completely at 11am so the only other thing i could think was that the entire batch was also stale and so she didn't want to give me another one, but that doesn't explain why my friends was OK. Anyway, I decided I would just stick to the coffee and leave as soon as possible. I grabbed a FRESH croissant from the Sainsburys down the road which was £1 cheaper and tasted 100% better!

So if you want to eat stale food and receive service with an attitude then please do visit this place, otherwise if you're like me and like your food to actually be edible then I would suggest a trip to the supermarket or Costa instead!

1  Thank Jacem258