“Small family room”

Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 13 May 2017

I booked a family room for myself, daughter and grand daughter . The room was far too small to be classed as a family room . Instead of having a double bed and a single bed there was a pull out bed. The mattress was so bad you could feel all the springs in it and the staff gave me a mattress topper and a duvet to sleep on to of, which we had to make up ourselves . You couldnt sit at the desk as it, and the chair was blocked in by the pullout bed. To close the curtain you had to climb onto of the pullout as well. I was unable to get a wheelchair in the room and I did say my grand daughter would be unable to walk easily as she had just had a hip spiker removed. On the plus side the breakfast was excellent and everyones needs would be catered for. The staff were very helpful and friendly
I have put business as a trip as it was a hospital visit so couldnt really class it as anything else

Room Tip: Near to the city but with less traffic and near the motorways but you dont hear the traffic
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I have stayed here at least a dozen times on business, visiting the nearby MOD Abbeywood (5 min walk and you can pay about £12 to park at the hotel). I have never had a problem of any sort and it is always very clean. Breakfast is basic but still includes the basic English and also fruit, yoghurt, cereal etc. The tea/coffee facilities in the room is always a bonus too.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine, including lower floors and you don't need to use the lift
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
HIE_BristolNorth, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear ColinInWatford,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review. I am very pleased you have had continuous positive experiences with our hotel. We strive to provide the best experience to all our guests. i am especially pleased you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and you find our location to be an asset. We take all our guests feedback seriously. We use feedback such as yours to improve our guest experience. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

William Clutterbuck

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Can't fault it. Best holiday Inn express I've stayed in. Very clean, modern, friendly staff. Great breakfast. Iron and ironing board in room, no hassle trying to get one from reception like other holiday Inns.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2017

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Filton Bristol. We got a great deal online and were very pleased with the facilities and service. The rooms are exceptionally clean, air conditioned have everything you need - including very good wifi. There are also hot breakfast options available in the morning which are great quality and plentiful. The staff were friendly and exceptionally helpful and welcoming - what a great hotel! We will definitely visit again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a night this month, I found the price very reasonable and chose it as it's very central to lots of things in Bristol, it has free parking and good free wifi, I wasn't looking for a full English breakfast or any evening meals so the food requirements didn't bother me.
The receptionist was very friendly and quite informative, and the whole building was clean and fresh!
My room was excellent with all the facilities I required including air conditioning, TV, hairdryer and tea and coffee facilities...the bathroom was very modern, I didn't have a bath but the shower was excellent!

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
HIE_BristolNorth, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Dear Jon R,

Thank you for taking time to wright a review for Holiday Inn Express Bristol North,We more than happy to hear that you did find everything what you need and you enjoy your stay,our staff is trying to do the best for guest that they leave happy.We do hope to see you with us in the near future.

Best Regards
Zaneta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
5.8 km away
6.1 km away
Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Lewins Mead) Hotel
6.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North? Share your experiences!