2,380 results
All reviews park view city centre waffle maker car park train station free wifi temple meads station rooms are small air con modern hotel excellent hotel min walk cabot circus comfortable stay reception staff full english twin room
Reviewed 11 January 2015

This was my first visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol. After my journey by train to Temple Meads Station, the hotel is just a five minute (or less) walk away.

It is a modern design, with a bus stop outside the hotel, which takes you in to the city centre. It is also a stop for the open top bus service that runs from March to December.

I was warmly welcomed to the hotel, my Hilton HHonors silver status recognised (a nice touch) & I was in my top floor room (5th floor), within moments. I suspect this was aided by the fact that I had checked in online via the Hilton HHonors app on my phone & had chosen my exact room.

By the very nature of the building, space is at a premium, so bedrooms are compact (if you want a large bedroom space, this hotel is not for you), but more than adequately serve their purpose. A small, but well equipped bathroom, comprises a power shower, toilet & sink. In the bedroom you'll find an excellent bed, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, tea & coffee making facilities as well as an Apple Mac TV/Computer (left over from when the hotel was a City Inn/Mint Hotel). With free, workable WiFi, you could not ask for more. After all, you are not staying in the room 24/7. Two bottles of water were waiting for me in the room, in recognition of my Hilton HHonors status.

Rooms are spotless, but that has to be said for the entire hotel, which is looked after with care & attention to detail.

I had booked a dinner, bed & breakfast rate, as this served my needs. I went down to dinner at about 7.30pm, was warmly greeted & shown to a table. The restaurant had a very pleasant atmosphere & there is an adjoining bar which also serves a range of snacks.

My three-course table d'hote meals on both nights were excellent, with great portion sizes, & were chosen from a range of options offered. Food quality was superb, as was presentation. Where relevant, food was served hot, as you would expect. Beverages are not overly expensive, a plus for a city centre hotel.

Breakfast was offered buffet style, & a member of staff shows you to a table & goes through the wide range of hot & cold options on offer. There is a menu offering cooked to order dishes as well. A chef offers excellent service at a live kitchen, cooking eggs to order. Her interaction with guests is quite brilliant & is a must see if you can.

For both mornings I was there, I opted for the porridge, followed by a three egg omelette (with cheese, mushroom & tomatoes). Both were piping hot & served separately, as well as being cooked to perfection.

Staff are very attentive, continuously bringing round a choice of tea & coffee. Nothing is too much trouble.

The hotel is located within easy reach of all that Bristol has to offer & can be reached by bus or on foot.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, as it ticks all the boxes you may have, as well as offering very decent room rates too.

Well done to all members of staff. It's a pleasure to be looked after by such caring people.

Room Tip: A high floor, with a room overlooking the park, will give you a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank wottraveller
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2015

Dear wottraveller,

I am delighted to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and I am particular happy about your comments with regards to the attentiveness of our team members which I will ensure will be honoured during our monthly celebration event which we hold on a regular basis to celebrate success stories such as this one.

Once again thank you very much for your kind feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 11 January 2015

Just got back from staying at the Hilton garden inn for one night,family of six. Cannot fought the staff very helpful and friendly. Our rooms were great, very clean and tidy and all the things you would expect.people alway's seem to complain about hotel beds but ours were very comfortable and had a good night sleep.would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2015

Dear Fulham61,

I am delighted to read that all aspects of your stay with us were to your liking, most notably the cleanliness of the hotel and the comfort of our beds.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 10 January 2015

The hotel is in such a good location. Only a few short minutes away from Temple Meads train station and a walk or very short bus ride away from the city center!

The rooms are nice. Very clean and modern but small!! The bathrooms are also small but have everything you need. The Mac TV/Computer was lovely too.

Good value for money but I wouldn't go back again purely down to the size of the rooms. But a great hotel for buisness stays /friends on a shopping trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear charlcole1,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre. It is important when our guests provide us with feedback on their experiences whilst staying with us, allowing us to review areas in which we are excelling and those which require further attention.

I am delighted to see that your overall stay was to your expectations and thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

This was our return visit to the hotel, having had a poor experience the first time. However, the staff did all they could to accommodate me and my husband. I even had a lovely piece of cake in my room on arrival...very nice touch. The rooms are basic but clean. Love the Mac TV/computer...very modern. I would say that walls could do with a bit more decoration! it's all a bit bland...even if decals were applied...they wouldn't gather dust and can be removed for painting..but these are small things...my room with a twin link bed was more than adequate for my fidgety husband! Some might find the double beds not quite big enough...just a thought. The location is fairly good, if you know where you are going! The car park is tight, but we managed it ok. You will have to pay an additional fee for the pleasure although I believe you can park for free nearby!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2015

Dear lillibetisqueen

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your return visit.

I am delighted to hear your comments about how our team members looked after you and will ensure I will pass the feedback on to the same.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words and it would be great to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 8 January 2015

The hotel itself is very convientent to city centre, very clean and modern, free internet in room. Food is excellent although I feel the cost is a little high for dinner. we found beds very hard, maybe they have a choice if so this was not offered to us.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Martin H,

I am delighted to see that all aspects of your stay were to your expectations. Our mattresses have been all changed recently and can appear a little more firm than in other hotels.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.