All reviews fresh fruit loose leaf tea single room secure garage independent hotel ground coffee private parking early night shower pressure relaxing break decent shower little touches lovely hotel whiteladies road convenient location mini bar bed was comfortable
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Looked forward to staying in this hotel, but came away very disappointed. We booked a 3 night stay, on arrival in the room we found it to be very cramped. The toilet was very dirty and the rubbish bin had old fruit peelings in it that smelt nasty. We were very tired so said nothing until the next morning when I reported this at reception. Returning to our room in the evening the bin had been emptied but the toilet was no cleaner. Still we put up with it as we were not going to be back in the room until late in the evening. When we did return there was no power supply in our room. By this time I was getting very cross. However the reception staff were very helpful and put us in an upgrade room immediately. I could not recommend this hotel under any circumstances. Although the staff tried their best they were young and it turned out, both still in training.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Guyswife
Jack C, Manager at The Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Guyswife,

Thank you for leaving your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that you went away disappointed after your stay. The issues of cleanliness I can assure you have been addressed with the team to make sure that rooms are thoroughly inspected before guests stay in them.

I apologise that there was an issue with the power supply in your room. I am pleased that our front of house team dealt with this efficiently and that you were moved to a different room. Not having power supply in a room is very out of the ordinary- I apologise that it effected your stay with us.

I hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future; we do usually recieve great feedback! If you would like to book again please call, email or book through our website for the best available rate.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

friendly helpful staff, good breakfast, executive single room is tiny but bed was comfy and although rather tight the on suite is okmanaged to get the last parking space in their garage costing an extra £8 but unless you wait until 5 pm on a Saturday before checking in where you can pay £4 for street parking (free on a Sunday) if you don't get in the garage you can't go far until after 5

Room tip: just a couple of little bits, a couple more milk and a few English breakfast tea teabags would have been handy
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Nigel, Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Great to hear that you found the staff friendly, breakfast tasty and the bed comfy. You booked one of our small exec singles which are a little bit cheaper so if you come back again may I sugest one of the roomier singles we have available just called 'executive singles'. We would love to see you back if you find yourself in Bristol again. If you book with us directly we guarantee a better rate than booking.com so give us a ring on 01179736882 or visit our website.

Kind regards, Jack Chesher

Reviewed 29 August 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights so we could see our son who has just moved to Bristol and I would just like to say that this is the place we will stay whenever we go back. Yes the room could do with a lick of paint but it was clean and a nice comfy bed,breakfast was great and a very quirky bar selling some very drinkable real ale all the staff had a smile and very helpful. The car parking was a god send safe and secure for just £8
The hotel is just a short walk into the city. If you come out of the front door and go down the road to the right it is a short cut to the city
Brilliant Thank You hope to see you soon

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LizzieSwyer, General Manager at The Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear ssnnoowwyy,

Thank you for leaving a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have scheduled improvements to our paintwork over the next few months so it would be great to welcome you back to see the finished product! We are very lucky to be such a short walk from the city as well as having Racks beneath us who serve excellent food and drink.

Remember for the best available rates book directly with us over the phone, via email or on our website.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I enjoyed my stay at the Clifton Hotel. The room was ok but a bit noisy especially at night. The breakfast was great. The staff was very nice and promptly responded to my queries. The location of the hotel is nice though a bit noisy.

Date of stay: March 2018
Jack C, Manager at The Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear gracekoolmon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us. I am pleased to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us at the Clifton Hotel. We are situated above a popular bar/ restaurant Racks which does mean that sometimes there is a little extra hustle and bustle! We always courtesy call guests before their stay to warn of potential noise and offer quieter rooms when available. For future bookings you may request this with our reception 24 hours a day prior to arrival.

Remember for the best rates always book directly with us over the phone, via email or online.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

What a find, not much to look at from outside but lovely rooms great and caring staff within.
Good food and great prices, rooms clean tidy car parking as well.

Lunch great choices and lovely breakfast

Would highly recommend for easy location into Bristol

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ZoeTrendall69,

Thank you for such a lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Clifton Hotel in the future. For the best rates always book directly with us over the phone, via email or our website.