Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,060 results
All reviews fresh fruit clifton area ground coffee breakfast team no lift bit dated city centre bristol zoo breakfast was excellent reception staff cooked breakfast suspension bridge very pleasant stay would stay again bea parking university
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 March 2020

For an overnight stay it's a pretty good hotel. Perhaps a bit too basic for a longer stay. Breakfast was included in the price and was very nice. All staff were polite and friendly. Clean enough. Only compaint was room was a bit too hot.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hannah Kenny, Other at The Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2020

Dear ElaineI4,

Thank you so much for leaving us this review of the hotel,as part of an independent company guest feedback is so important to us!

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the breakfast and service form our friendly staff, we have a fantastic team working here so I am glad that you were pleased with the service! I am sorry to hear that you found the room too hot, this is something we will try to rectify as you should be able to control the heating temperature in the bedrooms.

We hope that you enjoyed your visit to Bristol, we hope you will come back to stay at the Washingotn hotel again!

Warm Wishes,

Assistant Mananger

Reviewed 18 March 2020

Me and my half started a small trip around Uk and what better place to start than Bristol?!? Got accommodated at The Washington. The the price was great, overnight parking in the back yard (for 8£). The room (25) is relatively small but enough (and once again for a under 50£ room, there is no way that i can complain), extremely warm in the room.

Now for the restaurant: We were attended by Jono, young lad, really polite and helpful. The English breakfast was perfectly cooked. The self service buffet is satisfying. Everything was nice and clean.

Many thanks to all the staff,
Mario & Bianca.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Qbanezu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay. Guest feedback is so important to us as we are part of a small independent group in Bristol

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel such good value. I am happy to read that you found the room clean and comfortable, and that you were so pleased with the breakfast choices and service from out friendly team. I will be sure to pass your comments to Jono and the team!

I am really glad that you enjoyed your visit to Bristol, we hope that you will be back to stay with us again!

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 17 March 2020

Had a very pleasant one night stay at the Washington. The room was large and very clean, and the location of the hotel itself is wonderful. Very friendly staff, particularly Valentina and Suzie. Joe the night porter is also a great character. Would definitely recommend this hotel

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sophie Y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, as a small independent business we really appreciate this positive feedback. I am so pleased that you found the room very clean and spacious. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work very hard on this so I will make sure to let them know!

I am so happy that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, we are in a great area close to Clifton anf the city centre so are in a great place to explore the city.

I am very pleased that our reception team provided excellent and friendly service for you, and that you would recommend the hotel to others. Valentina, Suzie and Joe will be delighted that you mentinioned this review

I hope that you enjoyed your visit to Bristol and that you will be back to stay with us again!

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 5 March 2020

A decent location with lots of restaurants nearby. Not too busy and at the same time not too far from the lively streets. Room was cleaned every day, and we were given fruits, tea in the room which was a nice touch. Breakfast was great and so were the staff.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joanna Tiernay, General Manager at The Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear Darshana R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, as a small, independent hotel, your feedback is so important to us, it helps us to compete with the larger hotel chains. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us !

We are so pleased that you loved the breakfast so much, as the whole team always aim to provide an excellent service. The staff work hard to provide a friendly and personal service, so I will pass all of your comments on to the breakfast team and the House Keeping team too.

The location is ideal, next to the city centre and close to the famous Suspension Bridge, I'm glad you enjoyed the location.

Please remember to book directly so that we can offer you the best rates, and ask reception about our loyalty scheme to receive even better discount ! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Washington !

Best Wishes,
Elodie

Reviewed 3 March 2020

Stayed here to be near my daughters house share, although a bit dated very clean lovely staff, fab breakfast , amazing price. We will be back.,
And I’m hoping to bring our dog next time.
Thanks to Bea and breakfast team.

Date of stay: March 2020
Hannah Kenny, Other at The Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Dear Eddy 0902,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, as a small, independent hotel your feedback is so important to us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location, close to your daughter's houseshare. Our hotel is in a great area near Clifton and close to the University so is a perfect base to explore Bristol!

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service from our staff, as we do pride ourselves in giving a friendly and personalized service; we have an excellent team working here so I am so pleased that they made such a positive impression.

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and found the hotel such good value, Bea will be so happy that you mentioned her in this review so I will make sure to pass on your comments!

I am so happy to hear that you will be back to stay with us again, your dog is of course more than welcome! We look forward to welcoming you both next time you are in Bristol!

Warm wishes,