Hotels.com
eDreams
StayForLong
FindHotel
All reviews clifton village top floor fresh fruit suspension bridge filter coffee parking is limited lovely hotel comfortable room breakfast was excellent a lovely stay city centre receptionist cafetiere
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2020

Fab stay - convenient location
Pleasant welcome from Tor the receptionist / very helpful on arrival :)
Covid rules adhered too and room very clean with personal touches in the bedroom. Value for money - will definitely be back to stay - thank you!

Date of stay: August 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Amy Harding, General Manager at The Rodney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Dear twopounds,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read you had such a fab stay with us, being part of a small independent business our guests' feedback is extremely important to us.
I am happy to read you found the hotel nice and clean, the housekeeping team works very hard to make sure our guests are staying in well equipped and clean rooms and it's great to see you enjoyed the extra touches in the room. I am so pleased that you found Tor to be so helpful and welcoming. She will be so glad that you appreciated her great service!
Please do contact us directly for your next visit in Bristol. We look forward to welcome you again soon!

Operations Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2020

The is an Outstanding hotel. I had to make a last-minute booking and the staff were incredibly accommodating. I would particularly like to commend the 'can-do attitude'approach to customer service from Hannah, an excellent member of staff who's passion for ensuring that guests comfort and enjoyment during their stay at The Rodney is inspirational. This is clearly demonstrable in her commitment to first-class hospitality. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the area as a brilliant place to stay.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear khadeem d,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review, as part of a small, independent company we really appreciate guest's feedback. I am so pleased that you found our staff to be incredibly accommodating. Hannah is so pleased to hear you valued her service so highly - she is a true credit to the hotel! I really hope to see you back at The Rodney very soon, and thanks again for such a fantastic review.

Reviewed 17 March 2020

Just returned from short stay in rodney hotel Bristol found to be very good value for money very clean with excellent breakfast staff very pleasant and helpful
Area is nice with numerous bars and restaurants close by.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AmyH5517, Manager at The Rodney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2020

Dear HonestAyr,

Thank you so muich for taking your time to leave us this review, a small company your feedback really means a lot to us! I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel such good value and the room very clean. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work very hard to maintain the hotel to a high standard so they will be very pleased to hear!

I am so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, and were happy with the location, we are in great area right in the heart of clifton Village

We hope you will be back to stay wth us another time, we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Bristol.

Warm wishes,

Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2020

-Wonderful!-
I stayed at the hotel last week. What a find! Quiet, classic, in a perfect location. Reception was friendly and helpful, Patricia and Alice were really well prepared on suggestions about the area and the city in general. The room was cozy and lightful. Lovely touches such as fresh fruit and fresh coffe.
What to add... A lovely stay!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
AmyH5517, Acting Operations Manager at The Rodney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear S8606OYserenab,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review, as part of a small, independent company we really appreicate guest's feedback. I am so pleased that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful. Patricia and Alice will be so glad that you appreciated their great service! I'm so happy to read you enjoyed the little extras such as the tea and coffee in the rooms. It is so nice to hear that you had this experience and we can't wait to welcome you back when you return to Bristol. I hope you had a fantastic time and we will see you soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

I’ve just returned from a 3 night stay at The Rodney Hotel. The property is slightly quirky but looks quite modern and fresh in the main reception rooms on the ground floor. The staff were all, without exception, helpful and charming. The rooms are however in real need of modernisation. The use of blankets on the beds (as opposed to a crisp duvet cover) made me want to itch and then the wonky Lino covered bathroom floor, non-flushing toilet, slow draining tiny shower cubicle and wash hand basin with a plug that jammed closed said the rest. Such a shame. I am looking forward to a good night’s sleep now I’m home...

Trip type: Travelled on business
AmyH5517, Operations Manager at The Rodney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear nsymesfrazer,

I am really happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and charming, they work hard to always make sure that our customer service is at its best.
On the other hand, I would like to apologise for the issues you experienced in your room and assure you that they have now been addressed and fixed by our great maintenance team.

I am sorry to hear that you did not appreciate our blankets, we do understand your concern, however, I can guarantee that we follow a rigid procedure in sanitising all beddings regularly. Furthermore, we feel like they are complementary with the classic feel that characterises our hotel.

I would really appreciate if you could get in touch to discuss any further feedbacks you might have, my email address is fabiola.tomeo@qrter.com.

I do hope that you stay with us again in the future and are able to enjoy the experience that our guests typically receive at the Rodney Hotel.

Kind Regards,