All reviews copper bath clifton downs west loft loft suite classic fm boutique hotel ren toiletries dab radio breakfast was delicious panelled walls mince pies ceiling fan b and b poached eggs on toast parking permit huge bathroom perfect place to stay
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed for the weekend for my sisters birthday. Great service from the moment we arrived, they went out of their way to make us feel welcome - tea and biscuits on arrival, helped with champagne and fruit for us on the terrace in the evening. The decor of the hotel is beautiful and cleanliness impecable. Rooms are spacious with lovely views. The breakfast is outstanding - we all said the best ever! Eggs benedict were amazing. The staff are really friendly and will do anything to help. Cant recommend this place highly enough!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for a mid-week overnight stay, I had been wanting to stay here for a long time and it definitely did not disappoint! I wanted a particular room that I had seen on their website, after I booked online I called them to request it which they had already done - it was one of the best rooms which had the bath tub sat right next to the rear window overlooking what was a breathtaking view, probably one of the most requested rooms!

The views did not disappoint and the room was gorgeous, spacious, and decorated with vintage furniture. We had an amazing nights sleep, the bed was perfect and extremely comfy. The service from start to finish was great, very welcoming, and attentive especially at breakfast - which was delicious! From start to finish the experience was perfect, I cannot wait to stay here again!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2016

What a delight! The place was very serene and we felt like we were the only ones staying there, but it was quite full. The staff were exemplary. They seemed to slip away but were there whenever we needed them and were most helpful.
We were upgraded to a superior room on first floor with great views over the park at the front and over the city from the bath in the enormous bathroom.
We had a lovely afternoon tea when we arrived and the breakfast the following morning was perfect. A lovely choice of healthy and traditional food. Great for veggies too.
Can't wait to stay again!

Room tip: Pay the extra for a Superior. It's worth it!
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Lovely room,bed was superb,REN toiletries and a complimentary upgrade...what's not to like.
The breakfast was delicious with flare and it was scrumptious.
Recommendations for dinner ,we went to the Ox ,was excellent with a house cocktail just for being at No 38.All in all 10/10

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 16 April 2016

Last stayed Jan 2016 but have stayed 4 or 5 times since it opened. Wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Bristol and would love for them to expand so I could make this my 'go to' elsewhere. The place is so tastefully decorated throughout, absolutely my cup of tea, elegant but informal. The location, on the edge of beautiful parklands and very close to buzzing Whiteladies and fabulous Clifton in general, is not central in the strictest sense but is in my opinion ideal. One of the nicest parts of Bristol if not the nicest. Fantastic breakfast with lots of choice, great ingredients, perfectly cooked. If you had to say anything negative I would say this is boutique B and B, not hotel, in as much as facilities such as bar, restaurant gym, pool etc are not available. But given the choice between this place and any other in Bristol I would always choose here. The important things to me in a place to stay are aesthetics, comfort, ambiance and location, so I don't worry too much about facilities. I'm not a great one for hotel bars/restaurants anyway, I prefer to get out and about to explore.There are so many wonderful places in the local area to eat, drink etc so you don't miss out. Every time we go I say I can't believe how wonderful this place is and even though it isn't cheap it does feel like such good value for what you are getting. Can't recommend it enough!

Date of stay: January 2016