1,504 results
All reviews city centre bear pit car park cabot circus rain shower sofa bed executive room the ground floor an upgrade room was large reception staff lovely room saturday night stayed here for one night ihg parking underpass
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Yet another great stay we love this holiday inn staff very friendly and nothing is to much hard work for the,, room smaller than normal but my fault for not looking at site correctly, still a good size, food as normal A* . Great place close to Cabot circus,

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Bristol, what a great and vibrant city. Holiday Inn offered a great location. Unexpected upgrade to a balcony room thanks to loyalty scheme meant that we had a fantastic view of the Bearpit roundabout and it’s buskers and the vista and sunsets over the hills surrounding.

Comfortable bed as always

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
michael o, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Good Afternoon Helen,

Wow, what a fabulous review! It's so nice to read that you have enjoyed the vibrant view of the city from your room! We love the Bristol individuals and how they truly make our city shine.

I truly hope you visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Michael O

Reviewed 5 November 2018

We stayed here for three nights in July when it was very hot weather. We paid extra for a room with a terrace thinking it'd be nice to be able to sit outside but the terrace was frequented by seagulls and it wasn't very pleasant.

The room itself was fine, it just all seemed a bit tired and in need of a refurb. We had breakfast included in our rate and that was very good.

At check in we had been told we could request a late check out but had to do this the evening before. When my partner asked about a late check out the evening before she was told that she was too late so they could only let us check out an hour later than planned.

Hotel is in a good spot - handy for local buses and for National Express coaches - as well as Cabot Circus for shopping.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Hi Widmerpoole,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best accommodation and hospitality service. I truly am happy to learn your liked our hotel location and thought the hotel rate you for to be excellent.

Although, I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations of the IHG brand when it comes to accommodations due to the room condition. I understand your disappointment but know that your comments are noted and forwarded to our management team for future upgrades.

Nonetheless, I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what needs to be done for our guests to fully enjoy their stay with us. I hope you choose us again for your lodging needs.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here recently, and was warmly welcomed at check in, our room was on the 7th floor, with a small terrace, 2 chairs and a table overlooking the Bristol skyline. A very comfortable bed and a reasonably sized room.
Parking is available at the NCP that adjoins the hotel at £17.50 a night.
The hotel is superbly situated for the Bristol pubs and restaurants with lots of choices, no one seems to eat in hotel restaurants on a Friday night as it was deserted as was the bar.
So going out is a great option, we also went out for breakfast as well.
Would certainly stay again the room rate including the parking was just under £88 for the night.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2018

I have been on a business trip twice now in Bristol and I stayed 3 nights in Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre on both trips. Location is excellent, there are 24/7 gyms with day passes (Pure Gym and The Gym Group) nearby, stores, groceries and everything. Hotel has a mini gym too but there are basic cross trainers etc.

Hotel is very clean and staff was very helpful and customer oriented. Breakfast was also great, traditional English things but luckily healthy options too, eg. fruit salad, berries, fruits, yogurt, bread etc. Breakfast was the best I have been in the UK so far!

I will definitely come back here if I ever need to visit Bristol again.

Room tip: I stayed in 5th floor and rooms were quiet, even though street was straight under.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business