US$117
Hotels.com
US$92
US$80
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$69
US$88
  • Pool
US$106
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$107
  • Bar/Lounge
US$98
US$82
1,432 results
All reviewspriority clubcity centrebear pitcar parkcabot circusrain showersofa bedexecutive roomdvd playerthe ground floorroom was largean upgradereception staffgreat showervery pleasant staysaturday nightlovely room
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

The location is great just across the road from the main shopping streets. The room was Fine, clean and quiet. Better seating areas around the bar than some other holiday inn sites. Breakfast was very good and lots to choose from. Service was excellent especially from the breakfast team.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
michael o, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

What a pleasure to read your review; thank you for the positivity concerning our breakfast and the service of our team; they truly work exceptionally hard and I will be sure to give them recognition for your comments.

I hope that you choose us again on your next visit to Bristol.

Kind Regards,

Michael O

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Stayed here in August, bit of a combined business and leisure trip (OH working me, leisuring) The hotel is huuuuge but not impersonal, parking is an NCP but just have to make sure validate ticket.
The rooms are great size, the ensuites are lovely very clean and modern. I had breakfast the next day and that was tasty, lots and lots of options, coffee was cold but I didn't bother asking for a replacement as I didn't have a lot of time anyway but nevertheless the food was good. We also ordered room service for dinner (3 pizzas, not too sure what we were thinking..) however veeeery tasty. Really easy to walk into the centre for shopping to potter around myself. I'd never been to Bristol before and once back out of the shopping bit we turned right out of the hotel and right again at the roundabout under the bridge and found some really cool independent bars and pubs, the general feel around Bristol is quite liberal alternative style, I liked it very accepting and everyone is so friendly. In particular bar / restaurant I think something like Meat and Liquor..something like that, although we only had some drinks in there the food looked incredible and the manager Joe is fab.
I've no doubt we'll visit Bristol again as it is very much our sort of town and we'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
BRSCC-FOM1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Notatravelwriter,

Thank you very much for the great 5* review,

I have passed your comments on to all the team and we are all very pleased to hear about your great experience at our hotel and that you really enjoyed our modern spacious rooms and our good variety of our tasty food options available for breakfast and dinner.

It’s also great to hear that you took advantage of our very central location for shopping and checked out the nearby independent bars & restaurants of Bristol.

We really hope you come back to visit again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

My staying at the hotel lasted luckily only 2 days; I found "interesting" that you have to go to the 2nd floor for the reception, where you can find welcoming employees (which is a plus!).
I then entered my freezing cold room, trying to adjust the room climate, being unsuccessful. I was so tired, however, that I preferred to sleep with 2 pair of socks And an additional pullover and inform the hotel reception the day after.
I was expecting a room change, but they proposed to provide me a small heater, that I accepted because trust me, I was really freezing! And the whole hotel was cold!
The room furniture looked a bit old; I had to put my luggage against the wardrobe, because otherwise the light inside was not going off, since the door was not closing properly.
The breakfast service did not satisfy me either; for 2 days I was not able to drink a hot tea, because none of the waiters came to my table asking if I needed anything and did not even look into my direction, where I was raising my hand.
I will probably consider to try another hotel, during my next trip to Bristol.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lalau81

Dear Lalau81,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback however I am very sorry to read about the issues you experienced during your stay.Your comments are very concerning for us as this is not the experience we want our guests to have.

I have passed your comments on to all the relevant departments so we can prevent the issues you experienced from happening again. However, I am very pleased that did you did find our team welcoming.

I would really like to discuss your feedback in more detail so we can improve the services we offer. If you would like to speak to me directly please contact me on 01179245000 or email me at fom@hibristolcity.co.uk.

I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future so we can make things right for you.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I have put a very similar review to this on the hotels review site and to my amazement a manager replied by thanking me for my positive review, yet not even addressing the issue of beds not made up properly.
Well here goes, we had booked a twin bedded room and the confirmation clearly stated two beds, on checking in no real acknowledgement of being an IHG member, just a couple of bottles of water handed over the desk, then we were asked we wanted points or a drinks voucher, we went for the free drink and was given one voucher, I explained there were two of us, but was told one per room, yet at the Crown Plaza, Manchester Airport we received one each.
We went up to our 7th floor room to be greeted with a king size double bed, I returned to say that a double bed was not acceptable, the receptionist was quite uninterested saying we had not requested two beds, what a good job I always take a hard copy of the confirmation, she then said the beds would be parted at 6pm, yet again this was not acceptable as we wanted to rest after a long journey from East Yorkshire, eventually the room was made up to our preference.
I have to say once this was sorted out, the room was very pleasant indeed, everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn.
On to the restaurant, fantastic selection at the various buffet stations, but yet again they let themselves down when I asked for decaf coffee to be told they didn't have any, what is wrong with the sachet's they have in room being available in the restaurant.
The most amazing thing happened one morning, we were enjoying our breakfast at a window table when the window cleaners arrived and cleaned the floor to ceiling windows whilst everyone was eating, surely the restaurant manager is able to tell them to go away until breakfast service is over.
My IHG membership, I have been a member for over 20 years and each time I book a hotel room I ask for a membership card to be sent and each time it never arrives.
After all of the above I still give the hotel an excellent rating as the hotel is in one of the best positions of any hotel in Bristol, the service from almost every member of staff is top of the list and the rooms once sorted out are superb.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
BRSCC-FOM1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Kev012,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a really great review,

I am very sorry to hear that your comments were not fully addressed in a previous response on a different website.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced upon arrival in regards to your bed preference. However I am very glad to hear that after we separated the beds, you had a really pleasant stay with us.

We are disappointed to hear that you did not feel your IHG Membership was acknowledged on check in. I have shared this with my colleagues so we can improve on this as we really want to ensure all our IHG members feel recognized for their loyalty.

In regards to the complimentary drink voucher on arrival, I'm sorry that you felt disappointed when you received one voucher; however we are correctly following the IHG Rewards Club standards. I understand that inconsistency between our IHG hotels can be frustrating for our guests as every IHG hotel should be consistent with the rewards club benefits. We want to prevent instances like this happening again in the future so I will contact my colleagues in that hotel so we can ensure we are all following the same procedures going forward.

I am also sorry to hear that you were disturbed by a window cleaner during your breakfast; we do always try to schedule it for when it won’t cause a disturbance to our guests. I remember that morning and I spoke to the window cleaning company but unfortunately on that occasion they were only able to do it at that time.

I have shared all your feedback with the team and we are really pleased that you had a good stay with us and that you had a high level of customer service from our team. We really appreciate your comments as we will aim to improve our services for the future. Thank you again for being an IHG rewards club member, we really appreciate your loyalty with the IHG brands and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Great hotel, fab rooms with nice extras ( bathrobe, slippers, smellies, mini bar)
Lovely breakfast
Great staff, a lovely friendly welcome which included a free bottle of water.
Great location for the city and next to the NCP car park which makes parking easy (discounted parking)
I’ve stayed in quite a few Holiday inns and this has to be the best

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicola C,

We're very happy to hear that you had a great stay and really enjoyed the extra amenities that we have to offer in our deluxe rooms.

We are also very pleased to read about the lovely welcome you received and we are very humbled to hear that this is the best Holiday Inn you've ever stayed in, what an honour!

Thank you so much again for your kind comments and we really hope to welcome you back in the future.