“Pub With Character. ”

The Hole in the Wall
Ranked #402 of 1,849 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This historic, stylish pub, bar, and restaurant should be your first port of call for drinks in the sunshine, a light bite to fill a hole, or a celebratory three course meal. Whether you pop in for a refreshing pint or a Sunday roast, The Hole in the Wall is sure to meet all of your dining requirements, no matter what the occasion. Freshly prepared by The Hole in the Wall’s superbly talented chefs, our diverse menus will allow you to tuck into a whole host of classic dishes, devilish desserts, and deliciously tempting sharing platters. We are a child friendly pub, so please feel free to bring your little ones along. There is also plenty of car parking available.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Nice pub with character. Good selection of beers and plenty of different gins. We didn't eat but the food looked good. The pub which inspired Treasure Island apparently.

General Manager A, Manager at The Hole in the Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a positive review Thorny. I am glad you wnjoyed your visit and appreciate the history behind a pub as do we.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It's never a letdown, once again I'm happy I chosed the Hole in the Wall to celebrate a special day with my friends and family.

1  Thank Marco M
General Manager A, Manager at The Hole in the Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you very much Marco for such a nice review. We glad you enjoy The Hole in the Wall and it makes myself and my team happy to see you keep coming back.
Do visit again soon
Amy

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This cozy pub was a welcome respite from a rainy, cold to the bone day. The wait staff, especially Lewis, were friendly and helpful. I ate upstairs next to a window with a lovely view of people hurrying through town. I had a tomatoe and red onion soup that was delicious. The crab cakes lack of much crabmeat was more than overcome by the tasty seasoning....I never knew dried seaweed would taste so good. This is a great place to try. I’m glad I did.

1  Thank 0974pat

We really appreciate this lovely 5 star review. It truely reflects on who we are as a business. I will defintely pass those comments onto Lewis, he will be thrilled.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Amy

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I visited the Hole in the Wall with my granddaughter on Sunday 25th March. She is a student at the University in Bristol and recommended that we go there because we are both vegetarian and as she said they do a nut roast to die for! Indeed they do! We had a lovely lunch and a beautiful creme brulee for dessert.I know my granddaughter will be going back there very soon and the next time I visit her I shall make sure that we both visit for Sunday lunch again. The manager was so pleasant and phoned for a taxi to take me back to the station.A very enjoyable experience. Thank you to everyone involved.

1  Thank JillD18
General Manager A, Manager at The Hole in the Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Jilld18, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Hole in the Wall!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I visited The Hole In The Wall with a friend and was pleasantly surprise. After a warm welcome from the manager and his bar team, we were swiftly led upstairs and were immediately seated and had a drinks order taken. Once we had our drinks, we ordered our food. We shared the baked Camembert (the best I’ve had for a long time), followed by a vegan tart for my friend and the halibut special for myself. The tart looked amazing and the halibut was delicious. 5* experience all the way, if I could give ten I would.

1  Thank Ben S
General Manager A, Manager at The Hole in the Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Hello Ben,
I am very happy to see you had such an enjoyable experience with us from start to finish. I have passed on your comments to both our front of house team and chefs, on behalf of the team here we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Josh