Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 23/04/21
PricelineUS$99
Booking.comUS$99
HurbUS$104
All reviews basement bar quiet square bowl of fruit secure garage ground coffee little touches hotel is in a great location stayed for one night sherry university clifton
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2021 via mobile

Great central location right in the heart of Bristol. Kind attentive staff and a friendly welcome makes this a great choice for a business stay. Great choice of room service food Ida plus too during these COVID times.
Would certainly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Hannah Kenny, Guest Services / Front Office at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2021

Dear Alex,

Thank you so much much for taking the time to leave us your review! your positive feedback means a lot to us, I am so pleased you were happy with the service from our friendly staff, and enjoyed the room service available from our restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Wishes

Reviewed 2 February 2021

I stayed here on self isolation in January 2021 and the staff were really kind and helpful. They went over and beyond to make my stay warm. I didn't try out the food by the rooms were clean and the staff were very responsive.

Date of stay: January 2021
Hannah Kenny, Guest Services / Front Office at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Dear Bridgetravel2019,

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad that you were pleased with the service provided by our staff. They work very hard so will be delighted to hear your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back in the future! Please consider booking with us directly for the best available rates.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 January 2021

Beautiful and impressive Georgian building, the room had the view to the lovely square. Very friendly, polite and professional staff. Covid safety measures in place. Cosy and clean room. Excellent services. Great location, walk distance to the Temple Meads and to the Suspension Bridge. I would highly recommend.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rosie Jackson, Guest Services / Front Office at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2021

Dear Simona,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this lovely review. I'm really happy to hear that you found the team polite and professional, as we work hard to provide a 5-star service for our guests, and I will definitely pass on the positive feedback! I'm also very glad that you appreciated the safety of the Covid measures that we have implemented, as well as the quality of the room and location of the hotel.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope that you are able to stay with us again shortly! Please consider booking with us directly in future for the best discounted rate.

Best wishes,

Rosie

Reviewed 22 December 2020

I had booked elsewhere but was moved to the Berkeley Square due to Covid closures. They could not have been nicer or more helpful - they honoured the prices from my original booking and made me feel very welcome. Covid safety standards were very high, and the room service was quick and good value. The staff at reception went out of their way to be helpful when I had an odd request, to the extent that I was quite taken aback at how well they handled things out of the ordinary.

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Lizzie Swyer, General Manager at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2020

Dear povcab,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased to hear how helpful and friendly you found our team- they work incredibly hard to give 5 star personal service each of our guests and will always go above and beyond to make sure our guests are happy.

I am also delighted to hear that you found room service quick and good value for money! We are very lucky to have our room service provided by the award winning Square Club.

We lok forward to welcomingyou back to stay with us again in the future!

Best wishes
Lizzie

Reviewed 17 December 2020 via mobile

I used to attend the University department and library in Berkeley Square for years so it was rather odd to be staying in a building here now I’ve left Bristol but return regularly to see my disabled son who is in a care home locally. I normally have to use hostels as hotels for one on frequent visits are too expensive. However Covid has changed all that and brought prices within range. I wish that could continue! I’ve loved using YHA all my long life but they’ve become noisier and grubbier in recent years so it was lovely to have a clean quiet comfortable room looking out over the beautiful square.
Staff were really friendly and helpful - and apologetic for what they couldn’t provide because of the pandemic. They did their very best in the circumstances. I’d love to stay regularly but it will depend on whether single room prices can remain affordable.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cabrieres
Hannah Kenny, Guest Services / Front Office at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2020

Dear cabrieres,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, I'm so pleased that you had a good stay with us! I am really pleased to hear that you found the room clean and comfortable, and the staff so friendly and helpful. They will be so pleased to hear this, as they have adapted amazingly well to the changing circumstances. I will make sure to pass on your positive feedback!

I do hope that you will be back to stay with us, please be sure to book directly with reception team as they will able to offer you the best discounted rates, so I hope that you will be able stay again!

Bes wishes