All reviews complimentary sherry bristol cream bowl of fruit quiet square basement bar secure garage ground coffee loose leaf tea little touches clifton area hotel is in a great location excellent breakfast comfy bed university decanter cafetiere
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with my family. Before arrival we received an email about a party on the night we were staying. It was nice to be notified but we didn't feel welcome to actually stay in the hotel for evenings which was difficult with my 81 year old mother.
The terrace area was nice but once we went to go there we were told we could only stay an hour due to private function.
The room was very basic and average. The nouse from the party very loud.
Staff were pretty unfriendly - girl at breakfast before we left the only one with any customer service

The hotel is a twenty minute walk to town. This is ok there but steep hill on return.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ryder K, Manager at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Eva S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Berkeley Square Hotel. Feedback such as yours is extremely important for us to improve as an independent hotel group, so we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.
I was sorry to hear you felt your stay was only average. I will certainly be looking to the matters you have raised. We always courtesy call or email our guests prior to their arrival in oder to inform them of any events. In cases where we have weddings or parties, we can offer to allocate you away from noise in the hotel should this be something you request. In this occasion, most of the premises was hired out for a wedding, but we always aim to make some space for our guests to be comfortable so I do apologise you didn't feel this was the case.
I am surprised you felt the room was basic. We feel our rooms are fitted with plenty of useful amenities such as a tv, dvd player, DAB roberts radio, hairdryer and complimentary elemis shower products. We are also really proud to offer complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate,biscuits, fresh milk, fresh fruit and even Bristol Cream Sherry. We also have a twenty four hour reception if you needed to request any additional extras for the room-if there's anything else you could think of!
I am extremely shocked that you weren't able to witness our staff member's outstanding customer service. They are the reason our small hotel is so popular so I do hope if you were to return to the hotel in the future you would be able to enjoy their services more.
Bristol is certainly a very hilly- but beautiful location. We are lucky to be a stone's throw away from so many of the sights Bristol has to offer. I do hope you were able to see some of the fantastic sights.

I'd love to be able to welcome you to the hotel again in future in order to improve your stay from average to excellent. I am confident we can do this. For the best rates we always advise booking directly with us on 0117 9254000.

Kind regards,
Elle Goodall

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Perfect location for Clifton and the University, plus WRA (which is why we chose it). Berkeley Square is gorgeous - and rather memory lane for me as the English Dept was here when I was at the University many years ago. Very charming and helpful staff. Nice room, if a tiny bit dated in some aspects. But great touches, like fresh coffee with caferiere, decanter of Bristol sherry, plus great bathroom. Wonderful breakfast too. I'd returm anytime!

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay, and we can expect to see your return. I'm glad the location was convenient for your time at the university. We are really lucky to be located on such a beautiful and peaceful square.
Our staff are brilliant and I will be passing on your feedback to them. We are currently under-going some renovations in the rooms so I do hope the more updated decor will be in place for your next stay. Our complimentary treats in the room are certainly enjoyed by all, and we take a great deal of care and thought to ensure we are providing popular items.We are also currently updating lots of our bathrooms throughout the hotel, so I'm pleased you appreciated our shiny new bathroom.
The freshly cooked breakfast at The Square is delicious, and the staff in the resturant will also be pleased to know you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Please do remember for the best rates to book directly with us on 0117 9254000.

Kind regards,
Elle Goodall

Reviewed 6 July 2017

This is a great hotel right in the middle of town. Loads of places to eat and drink and there are loads of places to see near here. The staff were great and were very helpful and made my stay very comfortable!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Swanpil P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback. I am so pleased you had a lovely stay with us.We are certainly in an excellent location for the exciting Clifton Triangle. I hope you were able to see some of the fabuous sights Bristol has to offer. I am thrilled that my brilliant reception team were able to show off their fantastic customer service. They will be really happy to hear of your positive feedback as they work extremely hard.

We will all look forward to seeing you back at The Berkeley Square Hotel. Please remember to book directly with us for the best rates, on 0117 9254000.

Kindest regards,
Elle Goodall, Assistant Manager

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Wonderful long weekend in Bristol, staying at The Square. Super friendly staff; comfy bed; room wasn't huge but as I didn't go to Bristol to stay and admire the hotel room, that wasn't an issue; fantastic restaurant; perfect location to see the city - ok, so not slap bang in the middle of the old town, but close by in a quiet and underdeveloped Georgian square. What's not to like? Would go back in a heartbeat.

Room tip: Floor three had good views, and seagulls begging for food!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Brummie M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Berkeley Square Hotel, and for also providing such lovely feedback. I am thrilled you really enjoyed your stay with us-and that we can also expect your return! We love our location, as we are close to plentyof exciitng Bristol attractions and only a short walk from the town center. My sOur staff work really hard to provide such excellent customer service and will be proud to hear of your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. For the best rates please give us a call and book directly on 01179254000.

Thanks again and best wishes,
Elle Goodall, Assistant Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2017

My first time in Bristol and what a lovely place to stay! My partner and I stayed here for just the one night and it was very quiet and we managed to get a good night sleep. Lovely staff, especially the assistant manager who was very friendly and helpful, considering she was training a new member of staff at the time. Would definitely stay here again if we were in Bristol! Perfect location for shops and restaurants.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ryder K, Manager at The Berkeley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Hollydolly246,

Thank you so much your lovely five star review. I am so pleased you had a really comfortable night's stay with us. We are certainly in an excellent location for many of Bristol's exciting attractions, but also lucky enough to be on our quiet square! Thank you for your comments regarding the service at the hotel. All of our staff work hard to provide excellent customer service- especially our brilliant new trainees!

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon. For the best rates please book directly with us on 0117925 4000.

Best Wishes,