1,974 results
All reviews kiln restaurant double tree glass kiln warm cookies welcome cookie city centre on arrival train station lovely hotel temple meads station reception staff good size business trip breakfast was excellent car park enjoyable stay twin room
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here and it was flawless. We checked in were staff were so welcoming, knowledgeable and so helpful and given two cookies that tasted delicious on arrival!! The room was clean and beautiful and they had accommodated to our special requests. Iron and hair dryer worked perfectly and we had more than on teabag next to kettle! We are really pleased with our stay and would definitely recommend! Good job!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us. Your 5/5 rating and recommendation are very much appreciated.

I am very pleased that you were very comfortable with your stay and that the team were able to accommodate your special requests. I am particulary thrilled to read your comments regarding the team here. They are a great source of information about Bristol, with lots of recommendations for restaurants and where to visit whilst in the city.

Once again a really big Thank You for your review and for awarding your stay a top 5/5 rating. I do hope that you might return to us in the future, we have plenty of cookies waiting for you.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

We were delighted to book a 2 night break over Christmas, so we could see our family who live in Bristol. We checked in on Christmas eve and were upgraded. The room was on the third floor and very clean with all the usual Hilton accessories. The staff were excellent, bearing in mind they were working over Christmas. We had a slight problem with a basin drainage but it was fixed for us even though it was late on Christmas eve. We enjoyed a complimentary breakfast on both mornings and thoroughly enjoyed this stay in Bristol at a hotel that is very well located.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience in an online review of your stay.I am delighted to read that you had a great time and felt that we deserved top marks, with 5/5.

I am particularly pleased to read your comments regarding my colleagues here at the hotel. I'm sorry that you had a minor drainage issue with your sink but it sounds like the problem was resolved very quickly for you. Should a problem be reported to a staff member, they will always do what they can to Make It Right.

Once again a big thank you for writing your review. I do hope that you might choose to return to Bristol in the New Year. I would love to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2015

receptionist spoke so quickly, using a minimum of words, I must have asked her 4/5 times to repeat it, causing me embarrassment. Noise of tv in next room loud till well after 3 AM! Hot choc powder for a nightcap not available in room, as is in most hotels. Also milk provided was inadequate for ,say, a minimum of 3 drinks (arrival, nightcap and on awakening).

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for submitting an online review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that your stay wasn't a 100% positive experience. From the sounds of it there were a number of smaller niggles that stole some of the shine from your experience.

Our Reception Team are very often noted for their friendliness and warmth. It is unusual to read that one of the team were not communicating in a way that is fully understandable. I have asked my Front Office Manager to highlight the issue and reiterate the neccessity to ensure our guests receive great customer service each and every time.

I am sorry that your sleep was disturbed by a noisy neighbour. I do hope you reported the matter to the Night Team, who would have been happy to resolve such an issue for you. We do not stock hot chocolate in the rooms as per the DoubleTree by Hilton standard. However it is available, along with extra milk, upon request from Reception.

I do hope that these minor niggles, although frustrating, have not permanently marred your opinion of the hotel. I do hope that you might wish to return in the New Year as I would love the opportunity to change your 3* review to a 5* one.

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

The hotel rooms are quite nice, the shower is immense and the bed is really comfortable, my only negative is that I was in a connecting room and I could hear my neighbour snoring like a bear for most of the night. The breakfast is really good, sausages were one of the best I've tried. Staff are really friendly and even give you a warm oat cookie upon arrival, which was interesting, but nice. No photos as I was too tired. But online pics will help

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of your time with us.

I am very pleased that you were so comfortable in your room. When we were refurbished we made sure that a very good quality of bed was supplied for our rooms. I am sorry that you were a little disturbed by the snoring of a noisy neighbour.

I am not entirely suprised to read your comments on your breakfast experience. The Kiln Team are often the highlight of our guests stays. The breakfast, being an all you can eat buffett style, has quanity, variety and most importantly quality. All the items are often replenished and there are several items that can be can be supplied on request.

I do hope you will come and stay with us again, you can always find our best guaranteed rates and offers on our website and in addition you can earn points in our world renowned Hilton HHonors loyalty program.

Reviewed 22 December 2015

Stayed here Friday night with an advanced booking, so no refund and breakfast included. Very good location, near the station and city centre. Breakfast was very good for a buffet in a UK hotel. Room was fine. Good value. Maybe the walls are a bit thin as we could here the couple next door arguing, although that was more entertaining than the TV.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of your stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your accommodation.

Our location is often highlighted as being superb. I would be inclined to agree as I have mentioned previously, we are not right in the middle of one particular area but centrally located within very easy walking distance of both the shopping and nightlife within Bristol.

I am sorry to hear that you were a little disturbed by the noise from your neighbouring room. I have asked my Maintenance Manager to look into the issue and rectify the problem. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I do hope that you will return to Bristol in 2016. There is plenty to see and do and I would love to have you as my guest once again.