2,519 results
All reviews college green drawing room leisure club junior suite sauna and steam room car park leisure facilities lovely hotel city centre public areas per day reception staff breakfast was excellent saturday night family room bars and restaurants lovely room
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous decor and hotel....
great location brilliant service ... recommend the suite with jacuzzi bath was brill with glass of wine
security was very helpful and pleasant
Breakfast is good all options available in the buffet

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I agree with most of past comments. This is a very busy City Centre hotel and I did not expect it to be decked out lavishly with expensive carpets, flowers etc. We also can carry our cases and did not expect someone to do that for us. Our room was very large and well fitted, bed comfortable and clean, good bath and efficient heating, TV OK but to pay for WiFi is ridiculous and they deserve a black mark. Parking underneath hotel good and safe. The breakfast were excellent, better than many Dubai hotels, seating comfortable and well spaced. All the staff were pleasant and competent. Reception fast and courteous. We dined as a group to an excellent pre ordered menu, well served in beautiful large event room.

The bars were OK and I was told the swimming pool and gym excellent. Free newspapers.

We saw a number of other groups at the hotel, hen nights and other celebrations. It is situated on top of Harbour Quay with lots of entertainment places around it.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I was pretty disappointed with the shabbiness of this hotel. Woodwork needs paint, carpets need to be replaced, and in general the floors looked dirty. No one helps you with your bags....but does offer a glass of wine as you struggle with them??? Really unappealing entry when you drive in as well.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heidi M, Guest Relations Manager at Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear kathbon36,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel with us.

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

We are currently eagerly awaiting a refurbishment of our hotel. This should hopefully provide a functional space that meets the needs of our valued guests, like yourself.

I also apologise that no one offered you any assistance with your bags. Please be assured this is not our usual standard of service and is something we will look in to, to make sure it was an isolated incident.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel on your next visit to Bristol so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Heidi Mobbs
Front Office Senior Supervisor

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in May. I was in Bristol at a conference and brought my husband and toddler along. The staff went over and above to accommodate us and make us feel welcome. All the staff were friendly and polite.

We were able to check in at 9am on the first day, which we really appreciated given my husband and toddler wouldn't have had a 'base' otherwise. The staff put a travel cot, nappy bin and baby toiletries in our room for us. One of the waitresses said we could take a few extra pastries/muffins away from breakfast for the toddler to snack on later that day, which was much appreciated!

The hotel itself is beautiful and well located. It's just around the corner from Bristol aquarium, and @Bristol (science museum). It has a good size swimming pool and large jacuzzi.

We will definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Stayed at the Btistol Marriot Royal hotel for several nights whilst attending a conference. Great city centre location in a historic and scenic part of Bristol next to Bristol cathedral. The location of the hotel is great for accessing city centre and surrounding attractions.The hotel certainly has character and I was impressed with many of the features of the hotel, I'll leave these for you to discover!!

My room was of a high standard, large room, spacious and comfy bed. The food served during the conference was excellent with a good choice and breakfast was also very good, again a good choice and range from hot and cold buffet, fresh fruit, cereal etc.

The staff were all very friendly and attentive to needs of both myself and conference delegates.

I would definitely stay here again.