Lowest prices for your stay
US$73
Booking.comUS$73
Hotels.comUS$73
getaroom.comUS$88
1,078 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 December 2020

Me and my partner booked a day room in this hotel. The hotel was very clean and nice environment. The room was kept to the high standard and was at an affordable rate for the hours needed.

However the noise level from cleaning staff was ridiculous. Additionally a member of staff kept repeatedly knocking and then walked in to ask a question regarding if we had booked in. I felt this was highly inappropriate due to my partner and myself being alone together in a room. I do not understand why this member of staff felt the need for this as we only required the room for the few hours in the day.

I would be wary staying here again due to this incident as it was inappropriate and I do not believe staff respect the privacy or noise levels of customers. Staff certainly shouldn’t just walk in to customers rooms especially as my partner wasn’t dressed adequately either.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2020

The staff here made my stay great. Personal and approachable and will do anything to make you enjoy the hotel. Tier 3 lockdown in place but that doesn’t stop the staff trying. Tracy and Michael on reception were great!

Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, General Manager at Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2020

Good Day Joan,

I hope you're keeping well. Thank you for your review. It is such a pleasure to read your feedback and the staff made your experience even better.

I will pass our your comments to Tracy, I know she will be pleased.

Reviewed 13 December 2020

Great welcome, very clean and all COVID precautions in place. Breakfast was superb with a fantastic choice. Service was excellent with a warm welcome at reception. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Allan,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed our breakfast and the welcome was warm.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2020 via mobile

I had to make a trip to Bristol for work and tried to chose a hotel central with parking.
The room was freezing, there didn’t appear to be any central heating whatsoever. An electric heater was provided. No radiator in the bathroom and cold tiles floor- again freezing.
The car park is a concrete nightmare, very narrow turns with paint of cars all over the walls, hypodermic needles on the floor..
Breakfast was frankly abysmal. A barely cooked hash brown, 1 barely toasted slice of white bread. 1 sausage, 1 egg and 2 very dry bacon rashers. Plastic cutlery provided couldn’t even cut through it. Tea in a paper cup. Why can’t they use proper cutlery like they did for evening room service I don’t know.
I know it’s currently Tier 3 so services will be limited but that’s all the more reason the hotel should acknowledge that they need to provide a good service as restaurants are closed.
Needless to say- I won’t stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sarach

Dear Sarach,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay.

I am disappointed that we have missed opportunities to make your stay great!

Our breakfast is something we are looking to make improvements on, we are unfortunately having to have our breakfast delivered as room service. To follow the guidelines for a Tier 3 area we do try our best to follow the rules where possible and this also means that for breakfast we have used disposable items as much as possible to limit the spread of the virus and do our part to further fight the rising numbers.

Our on-site car park is tricky, especially in a larger car. We do request that patrons do take their time navigating the car park.

The hotel is located in the heart of the Old-City of Bristol, and has a long heritage and we find that due to the age of the building our rooms do take some time to heat up when a guest arrives. I am pleased to read that our team were able to provide you additional heater for your comfort.

I thank you once again for your review and I hope you have an enjoyable Christmas.

Reviewed 8 November 2020

Location of this hotel is great! A quick walk and you’re by lively cocktail bars and coffee shops.

Rooms are clean, staff are nice & helpful, we even got a free upgrade upon arrival. Would definitely recommend for a cheap, pleasant stay!

Parking is £15 a night, and you can leave whenever you need. Car park is very secure! Looks as if only hotel residents can access it.

Overall 5* - would book again!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2020

Dear Jessie A,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay.

It is always nice to read when we have made a great stay for our guests.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Kind Regards