All reviews temple meads station train station city centre beans travelling by train busy road car park secure parking minute walk main road would stay again decent hotel budget hotel stayed here for one night per day comfortable bed double room
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here from Christmas eve to boxing day. I have given this rating because overall the room was clean and tidy and the breakfast buffet had a good selection of food. You could even return to the coffee machine at any time in the day. This was handy for an evening hot chocolate. Unfortunately I didn't sleep very well. The matteress seemed firm and comfortable enough but the pillows were too soft for me. The staff kindly provided another one but I should have brought my own memory foam pillow. Also we found that the sheet under our ground sheet was dirty. Maybe a laundry issue as the cleaners did their rounds every morning and checked if we needed anything refreshed. The staff were all very polite. Be prepared to pay for parking @ £12 per night. I have stayed in much worse for the same price. The hotel is having a makeover to the reception and lounge in the new year.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

When you choose a budget hotel you naturally cannot expect more than a budget experience. It is with absolute pleasure then, that we commend the entire staff of this hotel. At breakfast on Christmas morning, reception staff served breakfast when some of the kitchen staff had failed to turn up, and they did it brilliantly! Our golden retriever was treated as one of the family, and the hotel couldn't have been more accommodating. Spotlessly clean, and maintained so with daily maid service, our rooms were comfortable with everything that we needed, including tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and iron. Interconnecting rooms proved perfect for travelling with our boys. All in all, a hotel that surpassed every expectation that we had, and should we need to revisit Bristol again, we wouldn't hesitate to stay here. Huge thanks.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NellieGoesNightly
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Rooms were small but cozy , comfortable. Bed & pillows were good. Breakfast was simple but sufficient. Variety of cereal, yoghurt. Variety of drinks from the drinks machine. Loved the chocolatte. They have a menu for dinner. However, may not have the stock available. They were very generous in offering to replace a dish on the house, when they ran out of rice for the chick pea curry. There is a little restaurant right next door but it closes at 5pm. So I would suggest for visitors to eat somewhere in the city before heading back to your rooms for the night.

The hotel is located right across from Temple meads bus & train station , making it really convenient for travellers.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
ExpressBristolCity, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Dear SusannaTan,

thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I'm pleased to see your visit was comfortable and enjoyed the all inclusive breakfast. I'm sorry we ran out of items for the dinner but I'm glad to see we could provide alternatives. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel, Motel holiday inn.. express..!! Yeah hotel ok, staff friendly and hotel clean. However breakfast is average and there needs to be an investment in beds, not very comfy and a bit in the small side.. but excellent value £88 for 2 for 2 nights..!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Stuart R,
thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit to the hotel. I'm happy to see you found the staff to be friendly aswell as finding the hotel to be clean and up to standards. I'm sorry to see you were disappointed with the breakfast aswell as the beds. Your feedback is appreciated and will be passed on to the team and hopefully some improvements can be made for the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Excellent welcome,really helpful friendly staff. Really close to train station.Quiet destination although on a busy road- slept really well.
Clean and spacious rooms. Breakfast excellent a good choice and excellent service again-would really recommend to anyone.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
ExpressBristolCity, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear car0lynp0well1,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with your friends. I'm delighted to read such positive comments regarding the staff, it's great to see we could be so helpful during your stay. I'm happy to read you enjhoyed the breakfast and slept well. I hope we can welcome you back again if you ever return to Bristol!