All reviews temple meads station train station city centre beans travelling by train busy road car park secure parking minute walk main road would stay again decent hotel budget hotel stayed here for one night per day double room walk in shower
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Rooms really clean and good, good breakfast, excellent staff. Can get hop on hop off bus opposite the hotel. Can order takeaways and eat in reception. Reception will provide takeaway menus. Also can leave cases at reception.

Date of stay: October 2016
ExpressBristolCity, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear burtoj2,

Thank you for leaving feedback. I am so happy to read that we managed to tick all the boxes during your stay, its great to see all our efforts are worth it. I hope that the next time you visit Bristol we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We chose this hotel because one of us has mobility problems and it was directly opposite the railway station in Bristol. There was also lift access to the reception area, avoiding a short flight of steps. The road between the hotel and the railway station is very noisy (the main route for ambulances with sirens and lights on their way to the local hospital), so try to get a room at the slightly less noisy back of the hotel. Unfortunately, the toilet in our room was broken and wouldn't flush. A repair was attempted and didn't work so eventually we were offered another room. It would have been satisfactory to have moved us immediately (but we did get a couple of free beers in recompense). The breakfast was a buffet, but good, and well designed to cater for all tastes. I'd give it 6 to 8 of ten.

Room tip: Back, high up
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear BillChadkirk,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that you chose us because our proximity to the railway station and city center area, we are located in a perfect spot, although I do agree that we are just next to a main road and It can get very busy at times. Also I am really sorry to hear about the issue you encountered in your room, I hope my colleagues managed to sort this problem in a efficient way. The next time you visit Bristol I hope you will choose us again.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Good place, near city centre and rayltrainstation. Everyday I walked to the city centre in a few minutes. The hotel is Clean and good services.
Breakfast was very good, in bedroom ther are coffee and the.
The bathroom in the bedroom is always clean.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ExpressBristolCity, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear maur0tr0,

Thank you for leaving feedback. I am very happy to read that you could benefit of the central location of the hotel, as you mentioned nearby the train station and city centre. Also its good to know that the room was perfect, all the housekeeping team work hard to make sure everything is 100% perfect. I hope the next time you visit Bristol you will choose us.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Really bright, new carpets,comfortable bed.This is our second stay here and i would recommend it to friends.Only 15 minutes from the town centre with plenty of parking.My only issue is the noise of the a/c -heater- it clanks and judders.

Room tip: higher floor ,not near road
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Joby2000,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.  It is always great to read reviews from guests who have experienced the hotel previously. I think 'one off' stay reviews are great but good reviews from someone who has returned are fantastic. I like to think that is shows we are capable of delivering a quality service every time. Thank you for letting me know about the heater, I will investigate this issue. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Situated 100yds from the main station in Bristol the location couldn't be better. The hotel is better than many HI EX press Inns. Staff were friendly and helpful. Even at the front on a busy road it was a very quiet room. BUT my biggest gripe with Holiday Inns is the lighting in the room....never bright enough. also breakfasts. ....can't anyone teach them how to scramble eggs properly...even on a mass scale. They were awful. Also offered a room where the sof a had been made into a bed...even though I was a single person. They did change it....but a bit of thought upfront would gave helped. Please will people stop winging about car parking. If you must bring your car's into big cities and stay close to the centre then you should be prepared for the cost.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Nigel H ,

Thank you for the feedback. I am really happy to read that the location of the hotel was convenient for you, and that the staff where so helpful with you. We always welcome feedback from our guests to improve our rooms/services, so I do appreciate your comments about the room conditions and breakfast. I hope we can welcome you back in a future.