“Expensive for what you get”

Jamaica Street Stores
Ranked #572 of 1,733 Restaurants in Bristol
Description: Serving a selection of modern, produce-focused, innovative food and drink, Jamaica Street Stores will mirror the changing seasons of the UK. Our menus will have no culinary boundaries – drawing from the team’s personal experiences of working and travelling across the world.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

In warmer weather the high ceiling is probably an advantage but it was a bit chilly in the restaurant (and about 8 degrees C outside). Six of us in our party and we all ordered the snack, side and plate lunch at £12.50. Snacks were small, I had crisps and a pumpkin dip, the dip had a good flavour, crisps were just crisps. There was a problem with the service of the sides and plates. It should all come at the same time but it was served at different times, some people had sides brought before their plates some after. Plates were served to other tables between our orders being brought. I guess there's not much coordination from order to cooking and then serving. There was quite a long delay before we got any food as well. About 25 mins.

I had the fried chicken plate which was good and potatoes as a side. It was all OK but nothing special. Portion sizes for my dishes were small, as a lunch deal overall enough food but overpriced. Some of the other plates looked very small (e.g. the pork balls).

Desserts looked OK but again overpriced at around £6

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Really nice Sunday lunch. Food was delicious. Our waitress was lovely (and our baby daughter in particular was very taken With her!)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came here for a birthday meal, I don't mind having small portions of great food, but these were tiny portions of mediocre food at best, the last course was especially vile - couldn't eat it (celeriac with some white sauce that tasted like cold sick).

Shouldn't have to spend 30 quid on a meal and then have to go and buy something else because you're hungry. I can see what they are trying to do, but missed the mark by miles. There are much nicer restaurants nearby like Poco, Chai Wallah over the road etc. I definitely won't be back, complete waste of money.

2  Thank Mpiper86
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a great meal. Me and a couple of girlfriends went last night (Thursday) and it was amazing. Really great high end food and incredibly resonable for the quality. All the staff were super attentive and knew everything we asked about the food and drinks. They also happily altered a couple of dishes for my dairy intolerant friend and made us all feel super welcome. Such a nice place for an evening out, relaxed and fun vibes but truely special food. Cannot wait to go back!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is probably my favourite place to eat in Bristol, the building, staff, atmosphere all add up to an amazing evening but even if it was located in a skip the food would make it WELL worth the visit. The service is top notch, even at a small mention of something off menu the guys will bend over backwards to make sure you get what you want.

I dined with a vegan and pretty much all the veggie options could be made vegan upon request.

We were seated on the pass so we could see the food being prepared and all the chefs were chatty and friendly and answered any enquiries we had. The food is next level, the guys in the kitchen are super passionate about great, seasonal food with something a bit special going on.

I would thoroughly recommend the salt baked celeriac or the seafood risotto with confit egg yolk, even if neither of those things sound like your bag- they will be!

Everything on the menu went that little bit extra and had unusual elements which is totally my thing. We left absolutely stuffed and couldn't have eaten another thing if we'd wanted! Which for someone as greedy as me is unusual. Id say order a couple dishes each off the normal menu as it's definitely a great place to share food at.

This is where I take people who are visiting Bristol and are expecting the moon on a stick food-wise, and it never disappoints!