“Great food”
Review of Caribbean Croft

Caribbean Croft
Ranked #10 of 1,828 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Description: Independent Caribbean Restaurant, Specialist Rum and cocktail bar. With over 84 rums from around the Caribbean.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wanted some good food when staying overnight for business and that was close to hotel. Wandered into the Cultural Quarter and found this gem. Lovely atmosphere, nice staff and amazing food. Real Caribbean beer on offer too. I love the Caribbean and visit often so this was a real treat to have it close to home.

1  Thank Anniestot

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The restaurant has a really relaxed atmosphere and you're immediately hit with a smell of fresh food and spices and the chilled sounds of reggae legends playing. The food is another level. We had Jerk Wings, Saltfish Fritters, Jerk Prawns to start and these were amazing, nicely spiced and full of flavor. For mains, we had curried goat and this was again incredible. all the food was fresh and hot. The staff were friendly and didn't make a big deal out of the fact that I arrived late for my booking by 20 mins. Will definitely come back again without a doubt!.

1  Thank ells575
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I came here with my brother Monday night. Well what can I say the staff were so good and friendly the food was excellent! So so tasty perhaps the best Caribbean food we have ever had. We left feeling very full you will not leave there hungry thats for sure. Definitely coming back with my family.

1  Thank JazminL113
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Ah, such a fab place to spend a lovely evening together.
Nice atmosphere, increasing in popularity. Not an empty table upon arrival. Good job we booked.
I had olives to start and my husband jerk pork ribs to start. Both were large enough to share between two people.

Mains were jerk chicken legs including rice and peas, plantain and mixed veg.
Slow roast belly of pork with rice and peas and toe types of slaw.

We even braved a alcohol packed cocktail called the a Caribbean Croft.
Well worth the £9 price tag with it being on the two for one happy hour.
One drink was enough.

There was even a in house DJ but only on the first Saturday of every month.

Never fails to please us and put a smile on our faces. What’s not to like.

1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing home cooked food me and the Mrs loved it here especially the jerk pork belly . Look forward to coming again when we are in Bristol next year

1  Thank NFFCGJM