“Nice b&b but don't pay for the breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Base Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
The Base Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
“Nice b&b but don't pay for the breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is the second time I've stopped here as my family lives close by. Each time I have stopped the rooms have been lovely, well presented and very clean.

They used to do an amazing breakfast but now they do a very overpriced and underwhelming breakfast. Don't buy the breakfast, prepare your own in the kitchen. It is clean and well equipped.

Aside from the breakfast this is a very comfortable place to stop. I will be stopping here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TheBaseBristol, Manager at The Base Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Yes, we are sorry to see the breakfast go too. It is a recession survival measure, but all rooms now have use of fully equipped shared kitchens. We're proud to still offer good standard rooms in Fishponds, which is a great location for UWE's Glenside, Frenchay and St Matthias campuses.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Marges, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We particularly enjoyed the flat on the ground floor.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I booked most of my family into the base for a long weekend as we celebrated a family part locally. The owners were very helpful and flexible with our bookings as people changed their minds with regard to where and how long they wanted to stay. Everybody thought the base was clean and nice. There was slight disappointment about not getting a breakfast but as the breakfast room can be used for food that you bring yourself and as there are local breakfast places around everybody managed. Only downside was that there was a stag/hen party staying in the extended bit of the house which has got shared bathrooms I believe. Family who stayed down there suffered a bit from door slamming when those guys came back...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Melb141
TheBaseBristol, Owner at The Base Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Yes, we do try to be flexible where we can. People come in all shapes and sizes! Glad you enjoyed yourselves, although we're sorry about the door slamming. Please let us know if you're being disturbed by other guests, I'm sure it would have been resolved quickly with a polite yet stern reminder from management ;-)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Excellent value, Kingsize supercomfy bed, stripped floors, lovely ensuite and very quiet even though this place is on a busy main road (we were at the back of the house). Fantastic food within walking reach - Moroccan and Turkish restaurants were both awesome.
There is a lovely quirky atmpshere - you pick up your own key from a box at the front - we didn't see anyonme else for the whole time so this is perfect if you like to make your own way without loads of fuss. We'll definately stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
You get it! Thank You!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I booked The Base for a long weekend getaway to come and visit my boyfriend and didn't really know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised as the room was large and airy with a comfortable bed, spacious bright bathroom and all necessary facilities provided such as linens, towels, hairdryer and refreshments. I did not take the optional breakfast so cannot comment but I can say that the customer service responses online were prompt and efficient, parking was convenient, the cleanliness level was better than satisfactory and the location was convenient to access all areas of Bristol that I needed. The keycode to the key box and my room was sent to me in instructions both on email and by text message which I found to be really convenient and very user-friendly. I would use this B&B again.

Room Tip: I chose a King-Size bedroom...which was a good quality, large room and was the same price as a stand...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple