StayForLong
Prestigia.com
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews gold bar complimentary gin and sherry corner suite former bank white company toiletries corn street steam room small pool fabulous stay lovely hotel huge bed lovely room birthday treat third floor breakfast was delicious city break two night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

I appreciate Covid is difficult for hospitality but you do expect a refund if a hotel (or any provider) cancels your booking. Even Premier Inn have refunded a stay of mine due later in the month despite me being on a “non-refundable” rate as they have some common decency and compassion. The staff at the Bristol Harbour Hotel I spoke to were downright rude and very unsympathetic, kept quoting their terms I signed up to when I booked. I looked back at the terms and it’s an absolute lie. A quick Google of consumer rights in UK shows that anyone cancelled on by the provider is entitled to a refund. Thank goodness I paid by credit card, on talking to my bank today they have assured me they can claw back the money. The downside is this takes a number of weeks. In summary - don’t stay at the Bristol Harbour Hotel, you’re better off at a Premier Inn who despite being “budget” are anything but when it comes to customer service and common decency.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sainerz
Nicholas Walley, General Manager at Bristol Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2020

Dear sainerz

I am sorry to read about your experience. Can you please contact me directly on Nicholas.walley@harbourhotels.co.uk so we can discuss this in more detail.

kind regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2020

The hotel facilities were average, we thought it would be bigger as that's what the pictures showed. Having said that the main experience was the treatments these were really good; especially the masseur Kristine.

Date of stay: October 2020
Nicholas Walley, General Manager at Bristol Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

Dear Omar A

Thank you for this review. I am so pleased you had a great treatment with us. I hope you will be back again to see us as soon as we are reopen.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 November 2020

We booked the Bristol Harbour Hotel in something of a haste - Covid forced our wedding plans to change again and again. Despite that, Robyn was so helpful and friendly and took us through every last detail (including all the issues Covid threw up) and worked with us to make sure the things were important to us happened.
We booked the Sansivino with the 'pod' - four temporapry walls to close off the room and make it more intimate and we had nothing but praise for it. We had the spendor of the Sansivino (and it is a spendor) with the cozy privacy of a much smaller room. The staff were so helpful in helping us set up and dress the place and it looked so elegant.
We also have to praise Lucy who waited on us for the entire evening, almost completely by herself and we could not have hoped for someone as friendly and professional. She was truly a marvel.
Whilst we didn't have the actual ceremony at the Harbour Hotel, I would not have hesistated had I experienced their hospitality as a guest beforehand.
It must also be mentioned that the food was sublime. Perfectly portioned and incredibly tasty. They even made us a baileys cheesecake! Breakfast the next morning was equally good, with plenty of options and great coffee.
We had the suite booked for the night and it was very comfortable and relaxing. The spa visit the next morning was the icing on the cake.
Literally the only problem is parking - which, given the location, really isn't something in their control. They do also give a discount off the price of the local NCP.
Could not recommend more if I tried.

Date of stay: October 2020
Nicholas Walley, General Manager at Bristol Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2020

Dear 830kittyr

Thank you for this amazing review. I am so pleased you had a wonderful wedding with us. We all look forward to you returning in the future to have more memorable moments in the hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 November 2020 via mobile

We spent 1 night in a delux twin room as a birthday treat for my friend. The service from making the booking to checkout was excellent. Friendly professional receptionist and excellent service in the “jetty” The beds were super comfy with good quality bedding. My friend had an excellent massage and we enjoyed a short time in the spa. The spa is small and underwhelming. The food was good, cocktails excellent and it was a nice touch having some complimentary gin in the room. Good selection of teas and a Nespresso coffee machine in room. Overall a lovely fun relaxing stay.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank nessiemark
Nicholas Walley, General Manager at Bristol Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2020

Dear nessiemark

I am so pleased you enjoyed your wonderful stay with us and you found the whole experience fun and relaxing.

We look forward to you coming back to see us again soon.

kind regards

Reviewed 28 October 2020

Despite C-19 restrictions, Bristol is a surprising delight and The Bristol Harbour Hotel is a hidden gem. Lovely rooms and really helpful staff ande our stay really memorable. The rooms are really modern and clean and the restaurant serve a mean breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel for being so close to everything but also so warm and welcoming.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nicholas Walley, General Manager at Bristol Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Dear C8328WRrayc

Thank you for this great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and thought the hotel was in the perfect location in Bristol.

It is great to read you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we look forward to you returning to our little hidden gem in the not so distant future!

Kind regards,