“Great food and service”

The Lock Up
Ranked #31 of 1,829 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very relaxed Sunday lunch with very good friendly service. The food, from a special lunch menu, was excellent in quality and very well presented.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Never been to this restaurant before but I was pleasantly surprised. We had booked the table in advance, this I would recommend as it was busy. We were therefore shown directly to a nice round table, which I think when there is a group of you, is for more congenial.
They were slow to take our drink orders but when the cocktails did arrive, they were great. We also had a slight delay in ordering our main food, I think this is down to them being very busy. When the food arrived it was lovely. All the meals well presented artistically, the look of the food definitely added to the taste of it. The dessert was equally as tasty and well presented.

This is a restaurant we would return to perhaps for a family meal next time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friends in St George rate this place above all others but I’m an infrequent visitor... had my first breakfast here yesterday and it was literally the best I’ve ever had. Home made beans with spicy sweetness and texture and home made hash browns which were insane, everything was excellent! Struggled not to order another one even though I was stuffed. It was made dairy, egg & wheat free for me too with ease and they were so quick and attentive even though they were super busy. Top, top eatery! Damn them for being closed today when I’m craving another one of their breakfasts though

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I are doing the rounds of Bristol's best roasts according to Facebook.

We booked this little gem, which was pretty easy, getting a quick response from the staff via email. The restaurant is pretty nice, with interesting decor and a quirky vibe. The staff were very friendly and showed us to our table and were very good throughout the meal.

The food was brilliant, the starters and roast were excellent and I'm sad I wasn't feeling well enough to stay for pudding (previous evenings meal to blame). The food was plentiful and to a very good standard and we will definitely be visiting again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Delicious cocktails made from fresh ingredients and served in perfect glasses. Fabulous organic house wine perfect on the palate for any dish. The crab bisque is so sensational that words cannot describe it. Large fresh oysters from Cornwall. Pigeon with just the right amount of flavour so that is was not overpowering. Surf and turf and lamb cooked to perfection and served with colourful chunky roast veg. Desserts just right. We had ice cream which we poured a shot of espresso and frangelico liqueur over. The atmosphere is relaxing and the lighting perfect. Can't wait to return.