“Beetroot cheesecake - who knew?”
Review of The Lock Up

The Lock Up
Ranked #31 of 1,851 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

What an amazing lunch. First time at the lock up today. Following a recommendation from the lady serving us I had the beetroot cheesecake to start, what a treat. Followed by steak. This is one of the best restaurant that I have been to in recent times. The service is sharp and the menu well executed.

1  Thank janiceg2003

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Have been a few times now- always fab service and excellent food. Sunday lunch was amazing and great value. Found the dinner slightly more pricey and my friend and I left £100 down and still peckish as had arrived starving

Reviewed 17 September 2016

I live near The Lock Up and although we have a few good restaurants and one or two pubs that serve good food in the area we were in desperate need of something more. Thankfully along came The Lock Up. After my friends kept raving about the place I finally managed to sort out a trip for Sunday lunch and what a treat that was. 3 delicious courses and a glass of prosecco for £30 (including tip). The Sunday Roast was perfectly cooked, was a decent portion with plenty of gravy. The starter and pudding were also tasty. The service was great and the atmosphere was friendly and relaxing. My friends have been for Brunch and Lunch too and they have had great experiences. There is parking by the local park and behind the building, a bus stop right outside, even if you don't live nearby I would recommend making the effort to visit.

1  Thank Jenine K
Reviewed 17 September 2016

When visiting our daughter, who lives in Bristol, enjoyed lunch at 'The Lock Up' and sat at an outside table at the front of the restaurant, overlooking Church Rd under their canopied patio area. We had our dog with us and quite rightly our dog could not sit inside. Being outside was no disadvantage, we kept warm and found the service fast and friendly and in the main provided by the owner himself who takes pride in his place and likes to make sure things go well for his customers!

The menu was varied and our choices went down well. The food was very tasty, indeed delicious. We enjoyed cake and coffee / speciality tea after the main course, so felt we'd had a great lunch, that was excellent value for money.

1  Thank philjkent
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Since opening I have been to 'The Lock Up' on numerous occasions and have each time I have looked forward to my next visit when I leave.

At the outset the layout was practical and trendy, using up cycling everyday things to make the furniture. This approach was fine and looked good, but it is also nice to see that as the success of the place has taken off, the management have invested in upgrading furniture, developing the outside area etc.

Service - on every occasion that we have been in, the level of service has been excellent. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Unlike alot of bars/restaurants, it is also nice to see that often the same staff are working, which hopefully implies that it is a good place to work as well.

Food - between us all, we have pretty much tried most things on the menu now. This is mainly because it is a fairly limited menu compared to alot of restaurants, but this is definitely one of its strengths. It means that the food that comes out has always been of a very high standard. The price is at the medium to high end, but this reflects the quality of food you get. So I would say that it is good value for money. Portion size for me is spot on. Not excessive but also, not tiny.

The only down side, is that sometimes if you try and get a walk in table, you do have to accept you may not be in luck.

All in all, if this place continues its high standards, it force all the other places in the area to up their game.