Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews bar menu dining room cosy bar lighter lunch haddon hall fine dining turn down service michelin star wine list superb food main course biscuits first class my partner whole experience birthday treat main road
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

I'm really glad we squeezed in a last lunch before the impending lockdown. The Peacock is fantastic. Four of us dined from the lighter lunch menu - three meat eaters and one vegan. We were all brilliantly catered for. Standout dishes being the confit salmon and the tempura cauliflower. The wine was reasonably priced and the staff were lovely. Can't wait to go back - let's hope its before Xmas.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 778gedp
Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Peacock in October 2020.

All Covid-related precautions were taken, and we felt safe throughout. The hotel is very clean (public spaces and the rooms).

As a family of 4, we had 2 rooms and enjoyed them both. The bed was extremely comfortable with plush pillows and a soft duvet. The bathrooms (with full baths) offered perfect water pressure and temperature. The Miller Harris toiletries are a nice touch. There are tea facilities in the room and delicious home-made shortbread on demand.

Breakfast is great. Service is really attentive, with teas/coffees/ juices served immediately. There is a good choice of eggs and variations on English breakfasts but also fresh fruits, porridge or waffles. My only criticism would be the coffee. Which I’m afraid was never hot enough nor strong enough. The only development area to improve!

The bar is a charming and cosy area where we had several drinks and 2 dinners during our stay. The food was terrific and the choice of drinks plentiful.

The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and friendly.

We had a wonderful stay, and we look forward to our next trip.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Vendredimanche
Reviewed 27 October 2020

We stayed in the suite for one night one the way back from the Lakes to London. Fantastic location and great room - we loved the bathroom and the separate living area, wished we were staying another night.

We ate in the bar and honestly couldn’t rate the food highly enough. I’m a vegetarian and was so impressed with the pie that I had, and my partner also really enjoyed the meat options. Also great cocktail menu and selection of whiskies. We had breakfast in our room the next day, which is also nice to do - my partner’s full English was great, but I had a veggie full English which was just the normal full English but minus the meat - would’ve been good to have something additional as it was quite small. We weren’t offered the menu in our room so ordered blind - potentially there were more options if we had eaten downstairs.

Conveniently located to Bakewell - we enjoyed a walk around the town which is very picturesque, plus a trip to the local Thornbridge Brewery and Taproom.

Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2020

Booked here for Sunday lunch for my wife’s birthday. On entering I walked to reception were a member of staff was on the phone, she abruptly told me to ‘get back to the entrance’ as she waved her hand. I felt like a schoolboy being told off.
As we went back to the entrance another girl appeared. I confirmed with her our booking and asked if we could get a drink and sit outside in their garden, as we had been driving for over 2 hours. I was told that as it was only 11.50am we could not get a drink and the garden was not open. I looked at the garden and it was set up with parasols on the tables, I think she just couldn’t be bothered. Disgraceful. She showed us to a small seating area and were told to wait for ten minutes until the bar opened at 12. It looked like a waiting room at the dentist. My wife was upset and I was furious at our mistreatment. This is supposed to be a top notch establishment. If this is how they train their front of house staff then we didn’t want to know anything else about this place. We promptly left. Pathetic rude staff.

Reviewed 16 October 2020

The room was very comfortable and well appointed with tea and coffee making facilities. A capacious bed but slightly cramped bathroom and bath. Staff were very welcoming, polite and helpful and the setting next to the river was beautiful. Dinner in the lounge was delicious and very cosy.

Date of stay: October 2020
Peacock Team member, Other at The Peacock at Rowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2020

Hi,

Many thanks for your feedback, great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Many thanks, Kat