All reviews goat pie pudding my mum few drinks fantastic value steak little gem feel welcome locals meal pub chips group tasty portions establishment
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2020

Went with my brother and my mum for a meal on a Thursday evening. Pub was busy with pool match on and others eating. Both myself and mum had steak and Guinnes pie and chips and my brother had gammon, egg and chips. All meals were spot on and fantastic value. My brother and I both had sticky toffee pudding which as also lovely. If you want good pub grub at a reasonable price you won't go far wrong! Diolch!

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

My wife and I are on a local caravan site and have been going here on and off for about 6 months, the owners are refurbishing it and we have been waiting for the kitchen to open, which it has.
So we ordered some food of there very extensive menu, which was so reasonably priced
When our food arrived the plates were full of absolutely gorgeous home cooked food. We both had pies my wife had the chicken and bacon and I had the steak, these were stunning, I’ve never tasted such mouth watering food as this was and even my wife said that it was the best pie she’d ever tasted.
I cannot praise this little gem of a pub to much, not only the food being good the drink was great a good selection but the service and welcome should be bottled and sold to every hostelry as an example.
We have found The Goat and will be going there whenever we are at our caravan and I recommend this place highly to visit.
When there refurbishment is completely finished it will be standing room only so go now and enjoy one of life’s little gems.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 25 August 2019

We visited The Goat Inn as a family of 7 adults, whilst staying in the area, and received a very friendly reception. The young man behind the bar is an excellent host, very pleasant and friendly, took the time to speak to everyone and is a credit to this establishment. This was good, old-fashioned hospitality at its best. Keep up the good work! We all had a meal and were not disappointed. Meals are good sized, delicious and great value for money. We even had a visit from a tipsy, friendly local which made us laugh. The locals are friendly and there was none of this staring intimidatingly as you walk in, which we have experienced in other establishments. Well worth a visit.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank SimonsM
Reviewed 23 July 2019 via mobile

Called in to eat and was greeted by friendly staff and locals. A lot more laid back than the hustle and bustle of betsys. Dog friendly! Amazing food, we had pie and chips and chilli con-carne. Both were delicious, good portions and very well priced. Puddings were equally as tasty. Think we will be stopping here a lot more frequently!

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Visited here for dinner as it was convenient for the holiday cottage we were staying in. We had a wonderful home cooked meal of tasty garlic bread with cheese followed by a thoroughly delicious steak and ale pie with sky high puff pastry and steak/chips with all the trimmings, peppercorn sauce had a great kick! The portions were huge and we couldn't manage a pudding! The inn is a really homely place and we felt very welcomed. The fire was especially wonderful on a cold night and we would definitely eat here again.

Date of stay: November 2017