All reviews breakfast was amazing stayed here feel so welcome blue bell tyne sue sunkist pub goats bedroom
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This is a gorgeous place and Sue is a really friendly and caring hostess.
I stayed for two nights in a spotlessly clean room with a breathtaking view over the Tyne Valley. Breakfast was very nice and there is some flexibility over what time you can eat it.
I am delighted to have found somewhere near to my family home to stay. Sunkist is a beautiful property and very reasonably priced for the single traveller. I shall most definitely return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank catlynda60
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Until about a year ago I would visit Sunkist regularly. Family circumstances changed and my visits came to an end, but I've just been up again for a one-off trip. Nothing has changed - it's still as good a B&B as you'll find anywhere, and competitively priced too. Book with confidence.

Room Tip: 3 rooms. 1st is at the front with nice views. 2nd is at the back & has a wet room. 3rd is at the back and has a bath instead of a shower.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan S
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on Saturday night as we were in the area for a few days as my brother is taking over the Blue bell pub in Mickley so we had come to help him clean and get ready for opening. Sue the owner was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The bed was nice and firm. The surrounding area was beautiful and nothing is too much trouble for Sue. Breakfast was very nice. We will definitely stay again and recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hmckPaphos
Reviewed 3 July 2017

This is the third time we have stayed here and each time we are charmed by the friendly helpful owners, they really make you feel so welcome. The rooms are cosy, comfortable and spotless, the beds excellent. The view from the bedroom at the front of the house is stunning and the rooms at the back have views of the lovely garden. The cooked breakfast is just great and Sue and Chris the owners really do go the extra mile for their guests. We came back in the evening to find Sue had put wine glasses by our bottle of wine and where I had draped a dress over the towel rail it had been neatly hung on a very pretty hanger. It's gestures like this make you smile and your stay special. Look forward to coming back next year.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gardenmidget
Reviewed 8 June 2017

This is one of the best B & Bs I have stayed in. Spotless and run by a very friendly lady called Sue, who made me and my family very welcome, and allowed my granddaughter to play with her two lovely dogs. The breakfast was amazing and she kindly allowed my granddaughter to help feed her goats afterwards. Fabulous spot in the Tyne valley, great for visiting Hadrian's Wall as well as Newcastle/Gateshead. Could not fault it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family