“Fantastic service”

Kilmurry Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castletroy
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

What an amazing family owned business, bar staff were friendly and funny, function food was top class and plenty of it. Rooms were very nice and the atmosphere in the hotel was always pleasent.

Lovely pint of Guinness as well and a fun beer garden with couches and a piano.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 August 2015

My family was on holiday for a futbol tourney and arrived a day early. Kilmurry allowed us to check in early and supplied us with the proper materials to make our stay perfect. The staff is attentive and the food is GREAT! A winning stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
KilmurryLodge, Owner at Kilmurry Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear DMM67May,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in the Kilmurry Lodge. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we will get to welcome you and yours back to the hotel at some stage in the future – thanks for your recommendation,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed for a week on a business trip, hotel was clean and the bar food food was pretty standard this hotel is located just off the main Dublin road and it seems to cater for a lot of people working in the area or on business and it serves that purpose fine

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Dear Paul A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in the Kilmurry Lodge Hotel. I can’t argue with plain and simple but if your dig a little bit deeper you’ll also find a friendliness, charm & character that is very much unique to the Kilmurry Lodge. Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Limerick and deliver on these traits,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2015

Stayed in this property for one night.
On the outside the place looks good, but difficult to find the main entrance as foliage/creeper covers front entrance.
Inside reception area is outdated but clean.
Front desk staff very friendly and efficient even allowing an early check-in for one of the rooms.
There is no lift in this property. If you have mobility problems it might be best letting hotel know when making reservation.
I had a cleaning issue with my room. Enough to say that the previous resident left his/her mark in the bathroom and it wasn't caught by the cleaning crew. A quick call to the front desk had me in another room without fuss.
Some room fittings are beginning to show major wear and tear (see picture of light fitting). Major build up on toilet fixture (see pic) Mattress protector felt uncomfortable
Slept ok. Windows open no more than about one inch so ventilation might be an issue for some people.
Noise from corridor minimal. Wifi (free) good.
Did not eat in the hotel.
I feel that the quality of the product supplied did not warrant the rate I was charged.
I could not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Dublintraveller

Dear Dublintraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Kilmurry Lodge. I was disappointed to read some parts of your review but pleased with others. I was delighted to read that the staff at front desk were friendly and obliging by providing you with an early check-in and then again once another room was required. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the appearance of hotels exterior and that you found the free WiFi to be beneficial.

I was very disappointed to read of the issue with the cleanliness of the bathroom, we have a very diligent team of housekeeping staff so I’m very surprised that this happened. Please accept my apologies for that.

Unfortunately we didn’t have the opportunity to have you dine with us in Nelligans bar or sample the breakfast offerings of Flanagan’s restaurant – perhaps this would have positively altered your recommendation.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

The rooms themselves are fine if smaller than advertised. Don't expect great service in their pub, we waited 30 minutes for our apps, one of which was incorrect. Then our main courses were the opposite of the pictures in the menu. Our server brought the bill out before we even had our apps and slapped it down on our table then walked away. We didn't see her again until we asked for the bill. At one point I had to get up to go to the bar and ask to order another round of drinks because she was off doing nothing in the corner. She didn't just mess up our table though, everyone in her section had incorrect orders and no service. I do not recommend the pub at all unless you sit at the bar and yell for service

Stayed: July 2015
2  Thank Christy S

Dear Christy S,

I was disappointed to read your review of the experience you had in Nelligan’s bar. I’ve looked into the issues raised above, unfortunately we had a relatively new member of staff serving you on this particular evening. Obviously from your feedback she wasn’t strong enough to cater to the demands of a busy bar & restaurant and as management we take responsibility for this – possibly not enough training on our part and our apologies for the inconvenience that this caused on your stay with us.

Naturally I’m disappointed that we failed to deliver a quality service on this occasion but I know this type of issue is very much a rarity. I have personally monitored the feedback of guests in Nelligans bar since your review was made and there has only been very minor issues brought to my attention.

Again my apologies, but if you ever decide to stay again please contact me direct and hopefully we can make amends in some way: (jack@kilmurrylodge.com)

Kind Regards,
Jack Hoare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castletroy
4.4 km away
10.7 km away
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
2.2 km away
Travelodge Limerick Castletroy

Been to Kilmurry Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!