All reviewsafternoon tealovely hotelwedding venuebar foodwedding receptiontop classpublic areasreception arealeisure centrefrom start to finishstaff were so friendlybar stafffood was lovelymain courseone night staybreakfast was excellentcar park
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Spent two nights here recently. Very sumptuous decor in lobby and reception area. Bedrooms comfortable , clean and spacious. We had high hopes when we arrived but were a bit disapponted with the stay overall. We dined in the bar both nights and the food was tasty and good value for money. However the service, while pleasant, was slow and haphazard. In fact on the second night we almost felt they had completely forgotten we were there, as dishes were not removed after main course and we eventually had to request dessert menues whch did not arrive until we asked again. There was also an issue with a credit card being charged in error. This was rectified but again we felt that the mistake should not have been made in the first place. On the first morning we came for breakfast at 10am. There was no one to check our room numbers, to offer tea and coffee or to explain the menu etc. We almost felt as if it was an inconvenience that we were there at 10, as breakfast finished at 10.30. I would also query why an accessible room costs approx 30 € more than the equivalent regular room. In order to really live up to its four star ratng staff need to be more professional and I would expect to see a more visible presence of management in public areas. Good but room for improvement.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Welltravelled88
164FionaO, Manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Welltravelled88

Thank you for providing a review of The Castletroy Park Hotel and for your feedback.

All your points have been taken on board and I have raised all your points with my management team and thank you for this feedback. I apologise you were disappointed with the service you received in my Food & Beverage Departments during your recent stay with us.

This is not a normal standard of service and again I apologise for this. I hope this does not detract you from returning to The Castletroy Park Hotel and I hope I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

In Limerick....

Just finishing a weeks stay here for a football tournament and once again this hotel exceeds in all departments.

Many thanks to Margaret and Emily on reception, Joe and Lee the bar men, Leah and Byron on restaurant service, Kevin on concierge and Fiona on management and of course the cleaning staff for all their help and great service with a smile, big recommendation again for this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
164FionaO, Manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Neilevan,

Thank you for your compliments and kind words following your week stay with us for the Kennedy Cup. As always we are delighted to have you here as our guests and its always nice to see regulars returning to us year on year.

I have also passed on your compliments to my team and thank you.

Looking forward to having you back next year

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Could not rate this hotel and all the staff enough for a wedding. Nothing was too much trouble and they endured the best day was had by everyone and that there was no stress on the bridal party. Highly recommend. Darren in particular was so efficient, approachable and capable!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank paulinestack

Dear Paulinestack

Thank you for providing a review of the Castletroy Park Hotel following your recent family wedding with us.

We were delighted your family chose us to host the wedding and hope you have fond memories from the day.

Thank you for all your kind words in relation to the wedding and on Darren whom I have passed this onto.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity of hosting more events in the future for you.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Very professional, food was very nice and served late enough that I could eat on arrival at 9:50pm - that is not always possible in other hotels I stay in, and very welcome after a long day's work followed by a long trip.

Bed room very comfortable - sorry I couldn't stay longer

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Deirdre O Brien,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of The Castletroy Park Hotel following your recent short stay with us.

I delighted to see you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and your meal in the Brasserie with us.

Hopefully you will have longer in the future

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Stayed for 2 comfortable nights, and it was in line with my expectations with an hotel. Nothing really standing out of what I would expect in an hotel. The Wifi is free (which is good) but relativey slow. Breakfast is quite good. Rooms offer good sleeping, but look a bit "old" and I felt like renewals are needed to make them more attractive.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
164FionaO, Manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear pjm_pt
Thank you for providing a review of The Castletroy Park Hotel following your recent stay.

I will take your points on board for our next development meeting. Thank you for your compliments also on our Wifo, Breakfast and a good nights sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future