“Wonderful example of a high altitudes plateau ”
Review of Lassithi Plateau

More attraction details
Owner description: This flat stretch of land high up in the mountains of Crete is rumored to be the birthplace of Zeus.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful scenery along the drive from the north coast into the mountains, plenty of hairpin bends and suddenly you arrive at this beautiful spot

All reviews
"an amazing place"
"car park"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We visited as most holiday destinations were about to close. We visited a craft "village" in which my son had a go at throwing a pot (which we had great difficulty packing safely for return journey). As I find walking any distance difficult my family went further along to visit the Dicteon cave which was the fabled birthplace of Zeus, which involved a donkey ride, much to my granddaughter's delight. The manager of the centre was very hospitable, showing me round the centre. By the time my family returned I had tasted four flavours of raki, several grades of olive oil and some carob as well as purchasing some olive wood ornaments, honey and olive paste. They even were kind enough to get a log fire going in the restaurant so I had a warm place to wait! I can imagine the centre buzzing with visitors during the Summer while music played.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Visited with a large family group for adults and children between 13 and 2. Hired cars and drove up from stalis. Very well sign posted and easy to follow the road up. Quite steep so confident driver recommended, but the viewing points in the way up are amazing.... Going down in to the plateau it's brings you back to a time forgotten, beautiful historic villages and very fascinating people. Visited our wonderful friends in Agios Konstantinos, Maria Filippaki who owns a wonderful tablecloth and emboridery shop on the plateau. This is well worth a visit along with her aunts wonderful restaurant in the village Dikti Tavern. A fantastic unforgettable trip.......

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Absolutely fantastic experience, very highly recommended. We had a great tour guide, Daryl who was very funny, had an amazing knowledge about local flora and fauna, he made our experience even more enjoyable by telling us about local agriculture, history and local customs in a very entertaining way with a lot of British humor added in the process, the best excursion ever!

2  Thank yvonnelawley