Ways to Experience Lassithi Plateau
from US$76.50
More Info
from US$158.80
More Info
All reviews hired a car stunning views agios georgios beautiful area worth a visit zeus cave wild flowers en route hairpin bends beautiful drive own pace olive trees fresh orange juice agricultural land surrounded by mountains an amazing place car park
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We visited as most holiday destinations were about to close. We visited a craft "village" in which my son had a go at throwing a pot (which we had great difficulty packing safely for return journey). As I find walking any distance difficult my family went further along to visit the Dicteon cave which was the fabled birthplace of Zeus, which involved a donkey ride, much to my granddaughter's delight. The manager of the centre was very hospitable, showing me round the centre. By the time my family returned I had tasted four flavours of raki, several grades of olive oil and some carob as well as purchasing some olive wood ornaments, honey and olive paste. They even were kind enough to get a log fire going in the restaurant so I had a warm place to wait! I can imagine the centre buzzing with visitors during the Summer while music played.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Visited with a large family group for adults and children between 13 and 2. Hired cars and drove up from stalis. Very well sign posted and easy to follow the road up. Quite steep so confident driver recommended, but the viewing points in the way up are amazing.... Going down in to the plateau it's brings you back to a time forgotten, beautiful historic villages and very fascinating people. Visited our wonderful friends in Agios Konstantinos, Maria Filippaki who owns a wonderful tablecloth and emboridery shop on the plateau. This is well worth a visit along with her aunts wonderful restaurant in the village Dikti Tavern. A fantastic unforgettable trip.......

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Absolutely fantastic experience, very highly recommended. We had a great tour guide, Daryl who was very funny, had an amazing knowledge about local flora and fauna, he made our experience even more enjoyable by telling us about local agriculture, history and local customs in a very entertaining way with a lot of British humor added in the process, the best excursion ever!

2  Thank yvonnelawley
Reviewed 19 October 2017

During your journeys in Crete, you have to visit this place. It is just beautiful, like a land from a fairy tale, surrounded by bold peeks. Here you can find Zeus's birth place, the Dikte Cave.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The first sight of the plateau was from high about looking down across the whole plateau most of the windmills water pumps are missing as in the postcards of the area but the are slowly been repaired and got running the farmers in the area get three crops a year from this high plateau the bread basket of Crete

2  Thank Richard J