“Rushed service, rude server”

Culaccino Modern Italian
Ranked #13 of 80 Restaurants in Powell River
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Description: Serving modern Italian inspired food. Focused on the use traditional and local ingredients. Set in a modern room. We are located on the Marine Mile on the beautiful Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, in Powell River.
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Our server cleared our appys while I was still eating because as she put it "I picked up your entrée too soon". My entrée was honestly quite good however the rest of our meal was unimpressive and this just sent me over the edge. I couldn't finish my entrée so I asked if I could take it to go and the server simply threw to go containers on our table without so much as a word. Just an overall unpleasant experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

This is my second time at Culaccino's and I will certainly return. This time was a girls lunch and we were all impressed. Food is fresh, inventive and classy. You feel like you are having a special experience not just eating. The menu is small but there are enough choices that anyone can find something they like. The service was very attentive and the prices are not over the top. A good choice for any occasion.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

We heard about this restaurant through word of mouth and decided to try it. We were not disappointed. I had the Meatball Trio to start followed by the truly sublime Fettuccine Carbonara With Truffle. Possibly the best I have ever had. I was so engrossed in my own meal that I have forgotten what my wife had but she assured me that it too was outstanding. We visited on a Monday night and the restaurant was not crowded so our server was super attentive and very friendly. We will definitely return the next time we are in Powell River.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was a great find in Powell River. Appealing frontage, excellent service and great food. So nice to be able to get European style food well presented in a true bistro environment.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

The food was very tasty, my favourite was the wild mushroom ravioli. The service was great and the menu has lots of great choices.