3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$222
Hotels.comUS$222
TravelocityUS$222
PricelineUS$222
Orbitz.comUS$222
FindHotelUS$221
All reviews the main house afternoon tea stunning setting wonderful hotel fresh milk country house tissington trail our tenth wedding anniversary stayed one night fillet steak sitting room amazing weekend both mornings stayed longer mini break birthday treat underfloor heating
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2022 via mobile

I am very sorry to have to report i was served one of the worst meals I have eaten in any restaurant ever let alone the one that is attached to the Times Hotel of the year. The only time I have felt angry about spending a deal of money on such a poor meal. Sorry!!! I live in Ashbourne and wish I could send a good review. Sorry Callow Hall - you have a long way to go.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeremy Whitworth, General Manager at Wildhive Callow Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2022

Dear S7183XCannew

Thank you for your recent review of Callow Hall Hotel. I would ask that you email me personally so I am able to understand more about why you felt the Dinner was so poor. As a newly opened hotel, we always strive for perfection and on this occasion, it seems we have fallen short. Talking to yourself will mean that I am able to go back to my team on what we have done wrong and means we can improve from your feedback.

If you could email me at Jeremy.whitworth@wildhive.uk that would be great.

Reviewed 25 May 2022 via mobile

We came for dinner to meet some other family members staying in the hotel.
Firstly, the building itself is just stunning! The interior design is so beautiful and there is a gorgeous smell when you walk in.
The restaurant in the evening was quite busy but due to the way the tables are arranged it felt very private.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful.
The menu was nice and small but varied. The food was lovely.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2022

Stayed at this lovely hotel for two nights on Monday and Tuesday April 25th and 26th.
We arrived early as we wanted to walk around the grounds before having afternoon tea which was booked for 14.30 . Amy the receptionist informed us our room was all ready for us at 13.00 which was a nice surprise. After settling in , we had a very filling afternoon tea which was superb.
All the staff at this hotel from reception to dining room were fantastic, and the food is of an excellent standard, we ate for two nights in the dining area and we could not fault anything.
We stayed in room four which was spotlessly clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in . The only very small thing I would suggest to the Management team ,is to maybe have some small nibbles when served with pre dinner drinks , and maybe a chocolate truffle or mint with after dinner coffee.
This hotel was a lovely relaxing break for our 20th wedding anniversary. Thanks to all the staff at Callow Hall.

Room tip: I think all the rooms will be excellent
Date of stay: April 2022
Jeremy Whitworth, General Manager at Wildhive Callow Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2022

Dear patterdalesforus

Thank you for choosing Callow Hall as the place to stay for your 20th wedding anniversary. We are so pleased that you had a fantastic stay.

We are delighted that we were able to get you into the room earlier than expected, as you said it is always a 'nice surprise,' when we can do this.

I will of course be passing all your lovely comments on to the team at the hotel, they will be very happy to hear that 'you couldn't fault anything.'

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 22 April 2022 via mobile

We chose to stay in a Hive at Callow Hall as part of my 30th Birthday celebrations for 2 nights and we are so pleased we picked here. Without a doubt our favourite break we have ever had in the UK.

Upon arrival the staff are all so attentive, knowledgeable and they seem to remember everything about you, it’s the small details that make it so memorable.

Our Hive was just perfect and the photos really do not do it justice, everything is thought out and they have a really luxurious feel to them, we were particularly impressed by the en suites (underfloor heating!).

Food was incredible and the grounds are just stunning, so peaceful and we really felt like we were ‘off grid’.
The activities are endless from hiking up in the peaks to taking a 42km bike ride along the tissington trail and ending with a fantastically relaxing de-stress massage. We absolutely cannot wait to come back and will ensure it is for much longer next time!!

We raved about our stay so much that a few of our friends had already booked stays before we even arrived home!

Thank you Callow Hall for a truly unforgettable stay.

Room tip: Ample parking and the gold buggy’s are always available if you need any help
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily984
Jeremy Whitworth, General Manager at Wildhive Callow Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2022

Dear Emilt984

Thank you for choosing Callow Hall as the place to stay for your 30th Birthday.

I am so pleased to read your recent review and it is a delight to read. It is fantastic to hear that you had a wonderful stay and it was a stay to remember.

I will of course be passing all of your kind words on to the team.

Thank you for recommending it to your friends and we look forward to welcoming them to the hotel as well.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2022

We travelled to Callow Hall during the Easter holidays as a family of three for an overnight stay in a Wildhive. The hotel is beautifully tucked away amongst the trees and is set in the most idyllic location, surrounded by natures best.
When we arrived my son was asleep in the car so I went to check in at the reception and was met by the lovely Heather who had recognised my name from emails I had sent before our stay. She was so welcoming and explained all about the facilities we had on offer at the hotel and said if we needed anything at any time, we could just call or come and see her. As we were staying in one of the hives, a golf buggy was arranged to take us to our room. We were driven to our room by the ever so kind Mickey from the bar and had such lovely conversations with him throughout our stay. The room itself was beyond anything we had expected. The hives are set amongst the trees and woodlands around the main house and are finished to the highest standard, we have never seen a room complete with absolutely everything you need - fresh milk, water, snacks and all the toiletries you could need. Both my husband and I agreed that the bed was one of the comfiest we had slept on! Our son just loved exploring the woodlands outside and the nearby sheep. We walked back to the main house after we checked in to go and explore, the walk may be a little steep for some and you do have the option to call reception and they will happily send a golf buggy but we chose to walk each time as it was so lovely. We had a drink in the bar where we got to have a chat with Mickey again and this time met the wonderful Adrian. I enquired whether room service was possible as our son might not be in the best mood at dinner time - we had a table booked for 6PM. Room service was not a possibility and it was explained that the chef would hate for our food to be cold, which we massively appreciated. On hearing this, Adrian made the most generous offer to set us up for dinner in the Library snug so that our son could run around if he wanted to and we wouldn’t feel terrible for other guests if he made a scene at dinner. I asked him if he was sure about this as I didn’t want to make extra work but his response was ‘you are our guests and it is our pleasure’ - we found that this was the response from everyone we encountered. Dinner was amazing, we highly recommend the monkfish and fillet steak.
During our walks, my son jumped into a huge puddle and soaked his trousers so we had to go back and change him. We were driven back by the owner who offered to have our sons trousers washed and back to us the next day, thank you!
I can honestly say that after working in the hotel industry for most of my career and staying in many hotels around the world, this is by far the most personal service I have ever received. The team here really know how to take care of their guests and we really loved getting to know them. We want to say a huge thank you as well to Jane the Head Housekeeper - she is the kindest soul and nothing was too much trouble, we could have talked to her all day!
Thank you Callow Hall, we have only good things to say and we hope to come back one day. This was the best stay we have ever had!

Dear TheDailyJ

Thank you for choosing Callow Hall as the place to stay during the Easter holidays. What a review to read!

To mention that this was 'the best stay EVER' is so pleasing to read.

I'm delighted to read that all the team has looked after you during your stay and that you have had a fantastic stay.

I will be making sure all the team see your review and show them what a brilliant job they have done during your stay.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.