All reviews bentley brook bar area steak pie sunday lunch excellent food wedding venue comfortable room the pub feel very welcome salmon peak district two night stay staff were very friendly cooked to perfection mid week pudding
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband and I visited on Tuesday 3rd April 2018. We had just completed a 10.5 mile walk in the Peak Distruct National Park and were starving. The welcome we received was first class. The owner sat us in the quieter breakfast area, you can eat in the bar too. To say that our welsome was a warm one is an understatement, she made us feel properly at home. We had Meat Balls and Brie to start, both of which were delicious and sizable. My husband had the Gammon and I had the Bently Brook Burger. The portion sizes are huge and everything we had was very tasty and great value for money. The espresso coffee was also delicious. We will definitely return when we are walking in the Peaks. Thank you to all at Bentley Brook for such a lovely evening meal.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 515lesleyl
Bentley Brook I, Manager at Bentley Brook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent visit to the hotel for a meal.
We are delighted you enjoyed your meal and after your long walk found our food was satisfying and enjoyable andd the staff friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I was appalled by the service we received at this establishment by one individual. During service the young girl appeared to have an attitude and a problem with us speaking Welsh, we ignored her ignorance as she was very young. But on paying the bill her manager passed her a bowl of chocolate eggs to give to my husband and she turned to him and said “give that to your people “ the manager did say “you can’t say that” but really.....how rude and at such a young age, disappointed is an understatement

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your unfortunate experience at the hotel.
I returned from holiday to hear about what had happened. I can assure you that this is not the normal behaviour of our staff and although we do have some young people on our team, this in no way should reflect on their attitude and it is certainly the first time I have had an issue of this nature. We normally receive accolades regarding our customer service, so it is very upsetting to hear that this happened to you.
I have spoken to the girl concerned and she has had a written warning regarding her behaviour. We have also spent time adding to our training programme that addresses customer service.
Once again our apologies for your unfortunate experience.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

we had 2 tasty starters----Meat Balls + Mushrooms----unfortunately my Mushrooms were COLD
Our Mains i had the BENTLEY BROOK BURGER which was tasty with some very tasty chips
my wife had a lovely piece of SALMON ruined by the Potatoes not as described on the Menu
Staff very friendly and accommodating----"HAVING PROBLEMS IN THE KITCHEN

Wife says WE WILL NOT BE BACK----I SAY ITS ONLY FAIR TO GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY

Room tip: did not stay
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank brian m

Thank you for letting us know about your unfortunate experience when you had a meal at the hotel I have returned from holiday and have discussed this with the staff and I understand there were a few issues which had already been addressed by the head chef.
I can only apologise that I was not there to be able to discuss this with you but if you would, as you have indicated, like to return to the hotel for a meal, please ask for myself. We would like to show you that the meal you had was not up to our usual standard.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here many times. Some things are familiar and predictable. Comfortable accommodation, friendly staff, good food, generous portions and a good breakfast. We were affected by snow this time and Wendy was very helpful. She allowed us to defer our arrival date at no extra cost and without complaint. We will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. The bad weather certainly took its toll but no one can risk life and limb to stay with us!
We look forward to welcoming you back again when the weather is better and you can enjoy the lovely countryside.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Made to feel welcome from the moment you walk through the door. It was nice to be shown to my room rather than just have someone hand you a key and point somewhere. The single room had a decent sized bed which is always a bonus.
Evening meals were of a very good standard, reasonably priced and served by pleasant and attentive staff. The full English breakfast was a very good start to the day.
The staff are a credit to the Inn and manage to make providing a quality service look easy.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. WE are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime in the future.