Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews log burner tea towel washing up liquid the bus the kitchen underfloor heating ruka village wood store lapland holiday tumble dryer previous guests adults and child glass of wine min walk cups dec alcohol
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 February 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for the 5th time with family and friends kids 11,15 yrs.Great location with kids as open space lots of places to sledge and play in snow. Cabins are well equipped but could do with a toaster and some TV channels. I always bring my own mug (cabin ones are tiny) a tea towel and dish cloth. The sauna is good to relax in at end of busy day.
Bus to ski slopes runs every 2 hours up till 6pm which we found to be fine. The gondola gets you to village throughout the day and a taxi back for 7 people was 25 euros.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
RukaPyha, asiakaspalvelija at Ski-Inn MastonAitio Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2020

Thank you for staying in MastonAitio cabins. I will forward your feedback about the equipment to property manager. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 17 December 2019

We stayed here for 3 nights on a TUI lapland holiday. The cabins are set amongst loads of tall pine trees, making it a real winter wonderland. The cabin was spacious, one bedroom upstairs and 2 downstairs. Kitchen had eveything we needed. Cups are on the small side, so if you like a mug best take your own. Sauna took quite a bit of figuring out to work. Rep had a go with no luck but then found a very helpful review on here which explained it well. We managed to get it going after that. You are a little isolated. It's a fair walk to Ruka. We tried with a five year old but ended up turning back. The next day we stayed on the TUI coach after the excursion as they always head back to Ruka. We then spent a hour there then and got a taxi back which cost 15 euros. Best advice for anyone going on a short lapland trip, take as much food as you can. You don't get much free time if you book on extra excursions so it does make getting the supermaket a bit of a pain. We took cereal, pasta, pizza bases, cup a soups etc so really helped as only needed milk and cheese from the shops. The pictures attached are of the centre of Ruka.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying in MastonAitio cabins and thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 11 December 2019 via mobile

We have just returned from a four day trip I can explain how amazing this accommodation is. The cabins are absolutely perfect, and are in the most amazing location. So clean and tidy inside, with everything you could possibly need. I was in my element swanning around the cabin with the fire lit, and a glass of wine in my hand.
Here’s a few tips that the next visitors might find handy.
The fire is hotter than the sun when it gets going, but it is so cozy. We only had one fire lighter on arrival, but a quick call to reception, and a lovely member of staff dropped some round to us. There is also an endless supply of logs.
If you are looking for the baking trays, there is a hidden little draw at the very bottom of the oven.
The walk to the town is quite a hike! We made the mistake of doing it the night we arrived. We had been up since 3am, and had a long delay with the flight. We were quite tired and emotional by the time we made it. Had we done it another day, I’m sure it would’ve been lovely.
We only ate out once. We planned on eating out everyday, but the facilities were so good in the lodge I really wanted to cook every other day! We didn’t find the cheaper supermarket, but I didn’t find the K market too badly priced. I also took over a box of red wine in my suitcase. That is definitely the best idea Iv ever had!
We found there was plenty of dishwasher detergent in the kitchen, along with washing up liquid and bin liners. You must make sure you empty the bin before checkout. There is a refuse centre with a recycle unit. It was upsetting to see that some people couldn’t be bothered to do this, and just dumped their bags of rubbish in the bin area.
All in all this is one of the best places I have ever visited. I have the worst holiday blues ever. I can’t wait to go back!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying in MastonAitio cabins and it is really nice to hear that you have enjoyed your holiday in Ruka!

Reviewed 23 June 2019

Stayed for a week in Dec 18.

Absolutely magical. The accommodation is spot on, adequate kitchen, 3 decent size bedrooms with a good size shower room and sauna.

Shuttle bus isn't very frequent and stops about 19:00 which is a pain. The supermarket in Ruka town centre is very expensive but there is a cheaper one out of town with a wine store alongside so you could get a taxi and stock up which would pay for itself.

The accommodation is easy walking distance down to the Rudolph and Rosa kids ski park where you can get the gondola over to the town centre. Its a long way back up the hill from both town centre and the Ruka Valley slopes.

Father Christmas trip to his house and husky safaris are amazing and worth every penny.

All booked through Crystal Ski who were brilliant.

Kids and wife hired skis / snowboards for the week and it was no problem swapping when they fancied trying other things.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2019

Second time staying at these cabins and would always be my number one choice when in ruka.
We were in a cabin that accommodated 8 this year (3 double beers and a sofa bed) ample accommodation for just the 2 of us but I do wonder how 8 would work.
The sofa would only really seat 4 at a push and only 6 seats at the dining table.
Kitchen seemed less well equipped than last year with only one shelf in the oven so only one item could be cooked in the oven at a time and only 2 oven proof dishes. We managed but cooking for 8 (or even 4) would be difficult if not impossible. I'd perhaps look to take or buy some disposable foil trays next time.
other than this cabins are really well equipped; lots of linen, shower gel, toilet rolls, washing machine, drying cabinet, sauna and a whirlpool bath.
Stove with ample wood which is great as the heating is centrally controlled and never seems to be on in the bedrooms. Same happened last year and again this year. As temperatures reached -30 when we were there we kept the fire burning low all night to keep the bedroom warm.I

Date of stay: January 2019