All reviews bedroom apartment two single beds haida gwaii a great place to stay queen charlotte van grazie antiques rental kitchenette tv harbour ferry residents
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Was happy to have a vehicle to camp with and get around Haida Gwaii. We were even ok with the quirky little issues with the van provided, BUT! were terrified by the crazy shimmy of the vehicle on the highway. Apparently the people that had the van before us advised of the problem but nothing was done to repair it. When we returned the vehicle an hour and half early advising of the issue Gracie became verbally abusive and swearing (despite acknowledging this was a preexisting problem) and rudely ordered us to get our stuff out of the vehicle.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Gracie's is billed as a hotel but a better description would be that it is a bed and breakfast, without the breakfast! (Gracie is friendly and helpful but she doesn't cook!)
The rooms are clean and even have dishes in them. As I recall, there was a microwave oven in the bathroom! The front room on the second floor has a wonderful view. The rooms do not have private (en suite) bathrooms.
We rented rooms for the first night and then moved into the 2 bedroom apartment. It was clean and comforable, had everything that we needed and also had a great view of the water and the mountains.
I remember thinking that all that was missing was a washer and dryer. Then I opened what I thought was a closet door and voila! -- a utility room with a washer and dryer!
In summary, Gracie's is a great place to stay!

Room tip: The front bedroom on the second floor is well-equipped and has a great view.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We rented a Gracie’s van for a week, and spent our last night at Gracie’s — all good. Upon leaving, I misplaced my shaving kit and had to board the airport shuttle without it. The shuttle bus does a circuit of the town and on its return past Gracie’s place on the way to the ferry, Gracie flagged the bus down and handed the driver my shaving kit. Gracie is the model for Haida Gwaii grace. Many thanks.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Camp_Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Gracie's place is warm, cozy, very clean, and it feels like home. I've stayed there every time I go to HG (3 separate trips now), and I just love it. Central location is key, and her camerized rental Van's are really cool and affordable. Gracie herself is a resident expert, and put us in touch with a lot of cool FN events and island sights. We recommend this hotel!

Room tip: The Apartment is great, but her smaller rooms are great too!
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank milesghume
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Spent 3 nights with another couple. Gracie was very friendly and accomodating. Our unit was loaded with antiques, all kitchen accessories, clean, tons of towels, tv and very spacious.
Gracie loves plants which abound all around her units.
Parking is a little tight at times if her units are full which they were but we managed to fit in.
Would return anytime for another visit.

Date of stay: August 2017