“great for relaxation”

Phaidon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pandan
Reviewed 18 April 2016

This was my second time staying at Phaidon. I originally traveled with 2 friends in 2012. I wanted a great, quiet beach for this vacation by myself and chose to stay at Phaidon again. It was a great choice. The staff and very kind, helpful, and attentive. The beach is incredible and they are there to assist with anything you might need. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: standard is great for solo travelers
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Michael S

Reviewed 21 February 2016

If you want peace and quiet and to just relax, this is the type of resort to stay in. They don't offer much in terms of activities aside from snorkeling/diving but we took it upon ourselves to visit areas like Malumpati Cold Springs and shop around Pandan. But there is a private beach with beautiful sunsets, food is tasty and reasonably priced for a resort (however, if you're comparing it to out in town - expensive!), and the staff is very friendly. My only gripe is the wifi can only be used if you're near the reception desk but that wasn't a deal breaker - I came here to escape technology and enjoy the surroundings. We did lose power in the evening when a storm came through but luckily they had an emergency generator.

If you're looking to party or want more activities - head to Boracay nearby, but be ready to pay up. For the most part, it was very quiet and even traveling around the area we noticed very little tourists (we like that). There is another resort going up in the area which will bring more people.. so if you're looking for a calm, relaxing place to clear the mind, get here soon.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christian P
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Personally, I don't know what people are complaining about when they comment on the prices of food here. I found them to be reasonable, especially compared to every other hotel at which we stayed.
The first impression upon entering the grounds after approximately an hour of travel via their shuttle service in a van was a little surprising, and my step-daughter thought we'd traveled to a village, which was amusing.
We were greeted by a sign welcoming me and my party, which I found to be a nice touch, and while filling in the visitor's information, were given a refreshing coconut drink.
Firstly, we stayed in what I think was the most basic of rooms, and it was totally unstuitable for my back, being a bamboo bed with a thin mattress in a most basic setting.
Upon telling the of my predicament, they upgraded us to a more suitable room, which wasn't in a hut, but in the main building itself, and I found that very nice indeed, and it was well worth the extra money.
The room was very nice and well appointed and the quality of the tv station signal was great.
Wifi is basically only in the main area around the reception, but if we opened a window in our room, we were able to get a good enough signal, which allowed me to Skype.
I enjoyed the fare here, for all meals, and wasn't disappointed like other places at which we stayed.
Honestly, for this visit, I think this was probably the best place.
Didn't get to talk to the owner until leaving, but he and his Filipina wife were nice.
She is a font of knowledge on local affairs and places, and you've but got to take the time to talk to her.
I watched at breakfast every morning as one of the groundsmen cleaned the local beach of palm fronds and any debris blown there by the winds.
There is a boat to take out on excursions, which looks very picturesque, and also the local fishing boat with young men bringing in the nets looks quite entertaining, as they tend to spend as much time diving into the water and playing as working.
Really enjoyed the private beach, and the only things that brought it down was the fact that we were there at the tail of a typhoon and that my partner was stung by stepping on the spines of a thorny fish-like creature which I'd never seen before.
This was hardly any of the hotel's fault, as it could have occurred anywhere.
In summation, this was a nice, quiet place in which to stay, reasonably priced, with nice foods. Food may have been more than most want to pay, but a lot cheaper than many places at which we stayed, and just as nice if not better.
Staff were very nice, friendly, helpful and accommodating.
Food was nice and reaonably priced.
Views were excellent.
Our room was very nice and one of the best during my stay.
Free water was a bonus, especially with the amount I consume on a daily basis.
A real pleasure, all in all.

Room Tip: Only one room, but ask for the one in the main area, unless you pay more for a more expensive hut, o...
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Taurpedo
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

Phaidon Beach Resort is located in Pandan, Antique. During my stay here, I actually enjoyed the ambience despite the weather conditions. I personally found the staff very accomodating as well as the owners. The beach itself was pretty clean though the waves are a bit strong since there was a storm passing. The facilities are nice though there is not much to do in the resort there is much to do in the province. The rooms are clean not to mention there was cable tv as well. The food was quite okay as well as their was a lot of selection.

Overall, the experience was good. We were even able to go to the cold spring through their services. A good resort that could be better.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kiko C
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Located in Pandan, Antique this resort is owned by a foreigner with her Filipina wife.

The accommodation are ok but quite pricey like the food but doesn't taste good. An average meal good for 1 is 300 Php and that comes without rice.

An extra rice cost 60Php as good as a beer. There is nothing to do in the resort unless you can dive. There is not much to see for snorkeling. The wifi area is only in the reception area which is open.

Room Tip: Try the cabanas
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
6  Thank byrone29
Bernie O, Manager at Phaidon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. When we see your profile that you are a Nature lover and peace and quiet seeker so this should be the right place for you. But it seems you expect on a one night stay a party place? There is still a lot to see and to do whenever you read our services. And regarding your food expectation, it starts by P 150 - P 475 per meal and there is always a side order included - Jasmine rice or Fettuccine or French fries. Why costumers like you write a such untrue things?
Have a nice day

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pandan
26.6 km away
5.4 km away
Pandan Beach Resort
Pandan Beach Resort
#4 of 6 in Pandan

Been to Phaidon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!